Main Menu

Dynmap

Started by Lazybones, April 29, 2014, 01:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Seems to be a lot of development on this
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/

Other than being real time it apparently also supports exporting really useful data..
Remember when we wanted to know which areas where actually active on the old world?

http://www.reddit.com/r/admincraft/comments/1x3q6f/update_determining_where_players_have_built/

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I guess I'll have to update that plugin.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on April 29, 2014, 01:52:25 PM
I guess I'll have to update that plugin.

Looking at the render quality on it now and the extra features it might simply be a replacement to over viewer... The real time stuff is great and that heat map looks really useful.

Tom

The main problem is that it runs inside the main server. I think it sits in its own thread which helps, but it could add lag.

Mr. Analog

You could get a Bukkit plugin to restart the server once a day that should help with lag issues

What version of Java is your server running? I heard that moving to 8 is a big help for server side lag issues
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, we had DynMap running before, didn't we?  I remember chatting with people through the web page without actually logging in.  And I remember liking that I could see where in the world other people were roughly.

Seems like from the discussion thread that a lot of blocks come out as black squares, although it mostly seems to be specialized blocks from mods.  Although one person complained about their water not showing up at all.

Hey Tom, you at a point yet where you need money to cover server costs?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Also it occurs to me that we all spread out again which means the potential entity maximum is a lot higher when we are logged on...

aww yeah, if you need $$$ to keep things going let us know!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I wouldn't mind some if I move the new map to a hosted vm. Right now it's just $20/mo. a second one would move us up to $40/mo at the very least.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 29, 2014, 02:18:52 PM
You could get a Bukkit plugin to restart the server once a day that should help with lag issues

What version of Java is your server running? I heard that moving to 8 is a big help for server side lag issues
The new map is using java 1.8. 64bit.

And I was thinking about doing a restart occasionally. it would cut serial idlers off too ;D

Mr. Analog

Hahaha :)

EDIT: But yeah, if you want hosting cash let us know
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Tom on April 29, 2014, 04:34:15 PM
And I was thinking about doing a restart occasionally. it would cut serial idlers off too ;D

Some of us are just giving our fingers a rest.

Tom

Quote from: LennyLen on April 29, 2014, 11:10:31 PM

For hours at a time ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 30, 2014, 09:47:37 AM
Quote from: LennyLen on April 29, 2014, 11:10:31 PM

For hours at a time ;)

Lenny has very sleepy fingers

:lol:
By Grabthar's Hammer