Minecraft Weeping Angels mod (for fans of Dr. Who)

Started by Lazybones, May 03, 2012, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 03, 2012, 09:58:31 AM
CREEPY AS HELL

zomg it SO totally is -- didn't expect it to be such a claustrophobicly authentic feeling...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 03, 2012, 11:05:16 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 03, 2012, 09:58:31 AM
CREEPY AS HELL

zomg it SO totally is -- didn't expect it to be such a claustrophobicly authentic feeling...

Yep when they start to gang up on you panic sets in...

Suffice to say I uninstalled that mod haha, my single player island paradise is back to "normal"
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I think it was the stone-scraping-on-stone sound when he looked away that creeped me out the most.

So this is a client mod?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

The first time I saw the Weeping Angels on Doctor Who it was 2am and the whole house was dark and I had to turn lights on before going to bed.  They seriously creeped me out.  I can't imagine playing with this mod enabled at 2am with the whole house dark and nothing but the glow of the monitor to light the keyboard...  And yet, I'm kinda thinking of trying it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 03, 2012, 11:39:50 AM
The first time I saw the Weeping Angels on Doctor Who it was 2am and the whole house was dark and I had to turn lights on before going to bed.  They seriously creeped me out.  I can't imagine playing with this mod enabled at 2am with the whole house dark and nothing but the glow of the monitor to light the keyboard...  And yet, I'm kinda thinking of trying it.

Yeah, if you thought Creepers gave you the jibblies...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

god, could you imagine falling into a pit of spawned creepers PLUS angels?  The only upside of that would be that the creepers might explode and kill the angels!

But yeah, the Weeping Angels episodes are the only ones I won't let my youngest watch.  Some of the other episodes can be scary, but I don't think any of the other ones will cause my bed to fill up with kids.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on May 03, 2012, 11:39:50 AM
The first time I saw the Weeping Angels on Doctor Who it was 2am and the whole house was dark and I had to turn lights on before going to bed.

Similar timing/setting for me -- after sunset, lights not on in the room where watching -- when I first saw the alien-boy terror-filled-magic-dollhouse episode. :stupidme: (unsurprisingly, ep title= "Night Terrors")

Quote from: Thorin on May 03, 2012, 11:51:39 AM
But yeah, the Weeping Angels episodes are the only ones I won't let my youngest watch.  Some of the other episodes can be scary, but I don't think any of the other ones will cause my bed to fill up with kids.

So the sharp-toothed-fishies-in-Venice episode is fine?  :o  Both the "true form" and the "vampire chicks" were pretty scary visuals imo.

Tom

god, could you imagine falling into a pit of spawned creepers PLUS angels?  The only upside of that would be that the creepers might explode and kill the angels!

Don't forget the Endermen!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Darren: Yeah, the vampires didn't really scare any of 'em into the night.  The angels caused my oldest (11 at the time) to want to sleep in our bed for a night.  And I didn't let any of the others even watch the Angels.  They are CREEPY.

Tom: Endermen don't creep me out or make me jump out of my skin when they appear.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 03, 2012, 01:23:39 PM

Don't forget the Endermen!

Exactly, I hate when you can hear one but can't see one.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 03, 2012, 01:28:52 PM
Endermen don't creep me out or make me jump out of my skin when they appear.

*grunt*
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I feared the endermen until I accidentally caused one to chase me one night. I didn't find it that hard to kill (more annoying), after that they didn't be me.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on May 03, 2012, 01:37:59 PM
I feared the endermen until I accidentally caused one to chase me one night. I didn't find it that hard to kill (more annoying), after that they didn't be me.

It's when you don't know that one has been chasing you through the whole map and only when you're on a precarious ledge does it finally catch up and protect you from the terrible secret of space
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 03, 2012, 01:34:16 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on May 03, 2012, 01:33:14 PM
Enderman smenderman

O RLY

a gigantic pile of Endermen is not the scariest thing, heck it can be awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2k7BkwkCl8

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 03, 2012, 01:40:21 PM
when you're on a precarious ledge does it finally catch up and protect you from the terrible secret of space

wicked tune* and visuals, made all the more mindblowing by its origins:

May I ask what this is from? XD I just kinda stumbled across this o.O
ThousandTheories 1 month ago
This comes from a very odd ICQ conversation. Apparently it was between a couple of blokes and one of them said he built a robot that pushed his grandmother down the stairs... being completely oblivious and more concerned with the weather, the other guy was like "I wish it snowed here". Or something to that effect... sorry for making it more confusing.
CopperheadSysop in reply to ThousandTheories 2 weeks ago

*vocals quite reminiscent of Kraftwerk "The Robots": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 03, 2012, 02:38:56 PM
wicked tune* and visuals, made all the more mindblowing by its origins:

May I ask what this is from? XD I just kinda stumbled across this o.O
ThousandTheories 1 month ago
This comes from a very odd ICQ conversation. Apparently it was between a couple of blokes and one of them said he built a robot that pushed his grandmother down the stairs... being completely oblivious and more concerned with the weather, the other guy was like "I wish it snowed here". Or something to that effect... sorry for making it more confusing.
CopperheadSysop in reply to ThousandTheories 2 weeks ago

found the source ICQ convo!
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space.php

Tom

Darren: Yeah, the vampires didn't really scare any of 'em into the night.  The angels caused my oldest (11 at the time) to want to sleep in our bed for a night.  And I didn't let any of the others even watch the Angels.  They are CREEPY.

Tom: Endermen don't creep me out or make me jump out of my skin when they appear.
I just pictured what would happen if you had creepers, angels and endermen after you at the same time.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 03, 2012, 06:08:34 PM

I just pictured what would happen if you had creepers, angels and endermen after you at the same time.

I'm pretty sure the game would enter "Yakkity Sax" mode
By Grabthar's Hammer