Interesting articles on Wizards.com

Started by Thorin, October 02, 2006, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Showing how double weapons increase your hit chance and damage dealt, as compared to fighting with a weapon in each hand.

"Wait, I didn't say that!", a brief discussion on in-character and out-of-character talking.

About sticking to an alignment and how to maximize your playtime, in which I really like the following excerpt:
Even gamers who have been at it for ages can chew up most of a game session leveling up, going on shopping trips, and doing all sorts of other non-adventuring stuff. The simplest solution is to have people level up their characters outside of game time [...] Also, have players plan ahead, at least for their next level. You have a number of sessions between each level increase, so they have plenty of time to think about what they want to add, rather than not thinking about it until the moment is upon them. This way, once you actually get the xp, it's a simple matter of adding your new bonuses and such and getting right back into the game. For that matter, players could make up a new character sheet with the character's leveled-up stats and just switch to the new sheet when the xp are earned. (transferring any current damage, spells already cast, money spent, etc.).

All about different player types that can disrupt a game.

Remembering to keep out of the books during play (this one probably applies to me quite a bit).

Discussing Law vs Chaos as relating to alignment.

Last but not least, getting players to role-play.

These are not aimed at anyone, so please don't any of you take offense.  I just found them all interesting reads, and I can relate to most of them via past campaigns.

Edit: Fixed the post; I wasn't paying attention earlier when I put it together
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Ustauk

Did you mean to use a different quote for your second quote?