Bioshock no more!

Started by Mags, February 18, 2014, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mags

"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mags on February 18, 2014, 01:22:11 PM
http://www.maximumpc.com/ken_levine_disbands_irrational_games_studio_behind_bioshock_2014

Studio is shutting down.

"...he needs to refocus his energy on a smaller team with a more direct relationship with gamers... starting a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two. That is going to mean parting ways with all but about fifteen members of the Irrational team..."

imo translation: I had a clear vision for our last game, but now that we were A Big Brand, dammit The Suits kept forcing us to change it and dumb it down for the masses and ironically were not happy with the resulting sales and tbh it just wasn't what I wanted it to be and actually when it comes to how I do make my magic I'm sick of being just a cog in the machine, etc.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So it turns out the 14 staff of Irrational Games is being merged into Take Two Interactive

The immediate focus of the team under Ken Levine is going to be on DLC (most likely Bioshock Infinite DLC)

Oddly enough there was a DYK article in Wikipedia today about the cancellation of a Star Trek Voyager game that created Irrational Games in the first place

Also somewhat interesting the article on Irrational itself is very sparse
By Grabthar's Hammer