Should we create a new world for the 1.19 update?

Started by Mr. Analog, May 30, 2022, 03:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we create a new world for the 1.19 update?

Yes
2 (50%)
No
0 (0%)
Indifferent
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Mr. Analog

Hardly anyone plays on the existing world so I'm wondering how people feel about creating a new one for the updated content?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I have voted indifferent, I like the idea of increased interest in playing on the server, generally if people start showing up again I might play more but for now I don't want to sway it.

AS the admin, both options are easy enough to handle.

Thorin

I pretty much stopped playing when we started talking about redoing the map again a while ago.  I'm hoping we can get on a map and then stick to it for a couple of years, I don't like having my big projects constantly vapourized into the ether.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 30, 2022, 04:55:37 PMI pretty much stopped playing when we started talking about redoing the map again a while ago.  I'm hoping we can get on a map and then stick to it for a couple of years, I don't like having my big projects constantly vapourized into the ether.
Understandable

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on May 30, 2022, 04:55:37 PMI pretty much stopped playing when we started talking about redoing the map again a while ago.  I'm hoping we can get on a map and then stick to it for a couple of years, I don't like having my big projects constantly vapourized into the ether.

Well this is why so far there has been a post or check in for upgrade / wipe each time.

Also I have picked the last two seeds I am open to someone who more actively plays doing that.

Update drops next week so lets figure out what the plan is, also don't forget to confirm you choice on the poll, only two votes so far.

My primary goal is to provide somewhat reliable hosting for the server..

LennyLen

I'd be happy to update as I'm not overly attached to this world.  I want to start a little further from the spawn next time, so that I don't run into anybody else's mines.

Thorin

Yeah, what with all the ores being at different levels now, there's a lot more mining required, so spacing out a little further is better.  I really don't like that particular change, there's so much more garbage cobble and deep cobble to get the same amount of iron, diamonds, and coal.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

I will note that I DO like being able to WALK to other peoples builds, but also agree we have to be far enough appart to avoided mega mining to over lap.

On some of the past servers we where so far apart that we hardly interacted.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on May 31, 2022, 02:33:41 PMI will note that I DO like being able to WALK to other peoples builds, but also agree we have to be far enough appart to avoided mega mining to over lap.

On some of the past servers we where so far apart that we hardly interacted.

True! There's a balance to be had
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That's why I really liked the Tele-Portal system we had set up a few maps ago.  You could just zap to spawn, then zap to another person's area, without having to learn their coordinates or anything.  I also really liked the overviewer so we could see what people were building.  And a built-up spawn was kinda cool, too.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 01, 2022, 12:01:03 PMThat's why I really liked the Tele-Portal system we had set up a few maps ago.  You could just zap to spawn, then zap to another person's area, without having to learn their coordinates or anything.  I also really liked the overviewer so we could see what people were building.  And a built-up spawn was kinda cool, too.

Yes to all these things! I volunteer to make the teleportals again!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on June 01, 2022, 12:01:03 PMAnd a built-up spawn was kinda cool, too

If we reset, my plan is to move out a little bit to get things started initially, and then when I've gathered up the resources, move back to the spawn area to build something.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on June 03, 2022, 01:39:49 AM
Quote from: Thorin on June 01, 2022, 12:01:03 PMAnd a built-up spawn was kinda cool, too

If we reset, my plan is to move out a little bit to get things started initially, and then when I've gathered up the resources, move back to the spawn area to build something.

That's a great idea!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I also like the idea of moving away then coming back to spawn to build.. Maybe we could mark out PLOTS and have everyone build near span in those to keep it tidy.

Looks like we have 3-4 players and we will reset the world..

Not sure of the timing next week but it is likely I can get that done next week.

In the mean time if anyone has time to look into teleport datapack mods I would love to do that vs a bunch of command blocks.. If we end up doing command blocks I will likely just delegate out the permissions and let someone else do it.

Also please review the CURRENT set of datapacks on the server.. I assume  most of them are liked and used but I would like to know before I do a fresh start as they insert a bunch of things into the map when they are installed.

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on June 03, 2022, 09:40:28 AMAlso please review the CURRENT set of datapacks on the server.. I assume  most of them are liked and used but I would like to know before I do a fresh start as they insert a bunch of things into the map when they are installed.

I like the current set.