Sony VAIO Tap

Started by Lazybones, November 16, 2012, 11:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://cnettv.cnet.com/vaio-tap-20-sony-20-inch-touch-screen/9742-1_53-50135062.html

A very odd touch PC.

but then I thought about it....

If you put one of these down on a table it might make a nice dynamic DND map...

Mr. Analog

It's getting closer that's for sure.

I could imagine playing a board game on a device like that.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

meh, looks like a tablet for Shaq or Andre The Giant.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Actually it reminds me of a dinner tray or something.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

It is really a desktop that can be used as a giant tablet... Really the only use I see for it that way is as a nice interactive board... How many times have we said that having an interactive table top would be cool.... This might be one of the first steps, at least from an affordability point.

Mr. Analog

True. I still think I'd wait for the HD version though...

...also maybe a non-Sony version ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I mentioned Shaq/AtG because the blasted thing is TWELVE POUNDS.

by way of comparison, one of my cats, pretty average weight, is 9 pounds -- and the other quite-stocky cat is 17 pounds.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 18, 2012, 10:59:52 PM
I mentioned Shaq/AtG because the blasted thing is TWELVE POUNDS.

by way of comparison, one of my cats, pretty average weight, is 9 pounds -- and the other quite-stocky cat is 17 pounds.
Heh. My cat is 15lbs or there-abouts. But he's not super stocky. Just huge. He's a maine-coon. Some maine-coons get upwards of 25lbs. Jasper is a bit of a runt.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

20" 16x9 screen isn't really that big.  For an interactive D&D map it would need to be bigger.  Also, HP had touchscreen all-in-one PCs that looked very similar to this (running Win7, though) a couple of years ago: http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-ENVY-All-in-One/H4A30AA?HP-ENVY-23-d055-TouchSmart-All-in-One-Desktop-PC

Although I suppose the added battery is what makes it an "amazing new idea".  Sure, you can lug it around, but at 12 pounds it's luggable not portable.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones