The Book of Boba Fett

Started by Mr. Analog, December 31, 2021, 09:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So far pretty interesting, though they seem to be doing a kind of multi-threaded storytelling. Not quite as solid a start as Mando IMO but headed in the right direction.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 31, 2021, 09:00:33 AMSo far pretty interesting, though they seem to be doing a kind of multi-threaded storytelling. Not quite as solid a start as Mando IMO but headed in the right direction.

It is an interesting start, I hope it all comes together nicely.

Mr. Analog

Is it just me or is this series kind of meh? Mando was so much better IMO

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 24, 2022, 10:22:15 AMIs it just me or is this series kind of meh? Mando was so much better IMO

Slow burn, I have been enjoying it.. Not as much as Mando. I think it would have been better if the whole back story was not flash backs but actual episodes. However we seem to have completed those so again, next few episodes should be better.

Rumour is that the last 3 episodes are where all the action will be, everything till now has been setup.

My two big issues so far are inconsistencies in fighting skills that make no sense, like when surrounded in the town in full armor, Boba forgot he had a jet pack.

Also makes no sense why Black Krrsantan was unable to Kill Boba in his sleep. Unless he didn't have orders to kill him or he has some honor system where his target needs to be awake but that makes no sense for a bounty hunter.

Thorin

The Vespa scooter vs car chase was the low point for me, it really didn't fit and looked really, I dunno...  cheap.  But I got the point of the plot, so I kept watching.  I've enjoyed the introduction of new characters, I'm glad they're quietly bringing in source material that was no longer considered canon so it's canon again.

I agree that The Mandalorian did a better job of grabbing me and not letting me look away, maybe it's the background music, maybe it's the way lines are delivered, I dunno.  At the moment, I rank the new series as 1. Mando, 2. Bad Batch, 3. Boba Fett, but I still watch(ed) all three.

ANYTHING's better than Marvel's Inhumans, and I suffered through that just in case it mattered for future MCU movies, so my opinion might not be the best :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Ooh yeah I heard that was a slog!

By Grabthar's Hammer