GT4 vs Forza Motorsports

Started by Melbosa, April 29, 2005, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Im at level 26.  I basically use only 3 cars for everything i can, the rest i buy the best i can, and sell it when im done.

My 3 cars...

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Fully upgraded (AWD races, and every race thats open class, this car is basically unbeatable)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Fully upgraded (RWD races, and anything requiring american made)

1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo T-Bar - Fully upgraded (was my car early, i have an attachment to it and cant sell it).

...i found the Suburu to just own the game.  As for like doing the "D" Class (Audi TT), "C" Class (Suburu).  Its just a matter of crunching the numbers and comparing driver style.

So far i love how the Vette races, overstear rocks on Laguna, and i can hit 300km/h in about 5 seconds, so the New York track i own.

Lazybones

I chose to Euro for my home, the "D" Class (Audi TT) owns.

Only level 10 so far. Haven't sold any cars that I have won. Already have the 2004 Subaru Impreza, haven't fully tweaked it yet.. some of the upgrades are very costly for that one

Shayne

I started in Japan, used the Honda Civic SiR, was an easy startup.  Ive basically sold everything that ive gotten, lastnight i had $1.9M in the bank.

Lazybones

Quote from: "Shayne"I started in Japan, used the Honda Civic SiR, was an easy startup.  Ive basically sold everything that ive gotten, lastnight i had $1.9M in the bank.
This hasn't cause problems for having cars that fit the tighter racing restrictions later on?

I started with the Audi TT and didn't have many problems, other than getting used to the game overall.

Shayne

Quote from: "Lazybones"This hasn't cause problems for having cars that fit the tighter racing restrictions later on?
It does a bit.  Sure, but when its like "D" class or "C" class, the cars that i won are not cars that i would use in the restricted classes.  Its better to sell the $75,000 1960 Porche, and buy the $22,000 Audi TT.  Same class, but the Audi kills it.

I have found that by doing research on the numbers for the restricted classes, i can get away with my system.

Concider the 2005 Suburu WRX Sti.  Right off the lots its like $40K or something, you can basically easily win all the AWD, <300 HP, Suburu vs. Mitsubishi without upgrading it, you will make about $100K in winnings, + cars.

I tryed saving my cars and using them in the races like they suggested, but most of the ones you win are basically middle of the road cars, or at least thats what ive seen.