Main Menu

Guitar Hero

Started by Tonnica, June 03, 2005, 12:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonnica

For those of you who like rythym/music games a new hopeful to the music gaming scene is in development. Guitar Hero looks to be a derivative of a previously successful game called Guitar Freaks. Guitar freaks was developed by Konami but didn't really get a release over here despite how obviously fun it look like to play.

Guitar Hero looks like it's going to try to pick up on the spirit of Guitar Freaks funky input device via the efforts of RedOctane. Here's to hoping this game will rock as much as possible.

Oh and Mr. A? One of their main lineup songs is "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. :P

(all links gleaned from IGN.com, the place where I first saw mention of this was on Penny Arcade)

Mr. Analog

Finally a game where I can unleash The Power of ROCK!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

From most of the Gamespot screens, I think it shoulda been called (a-la "DDR") "Strum Strum Revolution!" :D

Further snooping turns up the fact that it's the same developers as "Karaoke Revolution" http://www.harmonixmusic.com/p051705b.html - and the apparently-addictive-as-crack "Amplitude" (the sequel to "FreQuency").

Strive for progress. Not perfection.