Battlefield 2 Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, June 21, 2005, 04:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So, anyone interested in setting up a BF2 server after the retail version hits home?

I've been playing the demo vigorously and I love the new commander mode, but also the graphics update and some of the playability tweaks are a bonus.

Flying is pretty tough (time to dust of ye olde joystick) but the new sprint feature makes grabbing vehicles eaiser (WW + F1 = me driving!), my fave class is Spec Forces: I like to go in, ya see, get on in up there, ya see, and use C4 to blow up the enemy commander's artillery, UAV and radar capabilities :)

I also like the new critical wound system, which lets a medic patch you up before you head off to the loadout screen, it's actually pretty hard to get "killed" for keeps.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Shae was asking me that today, if we were going to set one up.  I think Shayne said he was going to do something to that effect.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Sure, well, whoever's setting up a server PM me yer IP & pword I gots some shottin' to do :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Fedora Gal

I'm definately in for some BF2 action, played a little online tonight to get re-aquainted, I'm a lil rusty, but for sure if someone sets up a server I'm up for some fun, even tried out the voip headset, it's not to bad just wish it was adjustable heh.

Just like MOH my fav is still the sniper, but if I die to much I'll switch to assault or anti-tank :)
When the going gets tough, the tough make lemonade!

Shayne

Our company server will be up thursday.  Unlimited bandwidth, on a very fast box.

ip: bf2.techweavers.net

...enjoy, hope to see you guys there, as i will be playing there exclusively.

Update: Its $49.99 at Futureshop Thursday, and Thursday only.

Mr. Analog

SEXCELLENT!

Spec Forces "Ronbo" at yer service!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Its basically available anyplace you would think it would be available.

However if you wait till tomorrow, its $49, and if you get it today its $59, though price protected for tomorrows price :P

Ustauk

Future Shop downtown supposedly has 1 dvd copy left, but they couldn't find it.  Compusmart downtown was able to pricematch it, so I got a DVD copy there.

Mr. Analog

Well after playing 6+ hrs I luv this game just as much as previous Battlefields, the best part is the missiles you can direct in flight. "Ooh little APC thinks it can hide behind that cooling tower does it!" tee hee
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Our company server has gone live.  Its reachable at bf2.techweavers.net

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="http://share1.serverspy.net/cgi-bin/monitor.js?mid=96414"></SCRIPT>

...would show you who is playing, what map, etc. if i could post HTML :P