Call of Duty Trailer 3 - Wii

Started by Lazybones, November 13, 2006, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KY15m7-eOg&eurl=

I don't care if it ends up being a work out, those controls look fun!

I like how you have to crank the big gun up and down, and how in close combat you can rifle but or defend!

Shayne

I gotta admit that does look interesting, not sure if fun is the word I would use, but interesting indeed.

However: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20061113.jpg

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on November 13, 2006, 06:49:24 PM
I gotta admit that does look interesting, not sure if fun is the word I would use, but interesting indeed.

However: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20061113.jpg

ya, but looking like a tool is how you KNOW you are enjoying it. ;)

As has been pointed out in a few previews now, it is possible to play with both exagerated and quick small movements for the same tasks.. It is really up to you to figure it out.

Thorin

I wouldn't mind trying that myself, and I don't fancy myself a first-person-shooter kinda guy.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Shayne

But with Nintendo releasing a new Wii by end of 2007, whats the point in picking up this version?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161611.html?tag=latestnews;title;4

Im just not a fan of that play type I think, I enjoy laying back on my leather sofa, with a coke, and play some games.  I don't like this new "generation" of motion games that PS3 and Wii are FORCING users to use, i would prefer to have this functionality as an add on.

By the looks of it though, if this catches on, and i am right in my assumption of not enjoying the play style, this could very well be my last console (360), as Microsoft would probably jump on board next gen (if it takes off).

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on November 13, 2006, 07:30:03 PM
But with Nintendo releasing a new Wii by end of 2007, whats the point in picking up this version?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161611.html?tag=latestnews;title;4

Im just not a fan of that play type I think, I enjoy laying back on my leather sofa, with a coke, and play some games.  I don't like this new "generation" of motion games that PS3 and Wii are FORCING users to use, i would prefer to have this functionality as an add on.

By the looks of it though, if this catches on, and i am right in my assumption of not enjoying the play style, this could very well be my last console (360), as Microsoft would probably jump on board next gen (if it takes off).

Rumor has it that the hardware already supports DVD playback, it is just a matter of there not being a licensed DVD playback engine in the system to keep the launch price down. Besides, who DOESN't already have multiple DVD playback devices?

Most likely redesign will be multi color units, following previous Nintendo trends.

Shayne

Previous Nintendo trends are releasing total revisions of the same hardware.

Gameboy Advanced -> Gameboy SP
Gameboy DS -> Gameboy DS Lite

...i am not alone in thinking that 18-24 months from now Wii has an HD brother.

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on November 13, 2006, 07:47:46 PM
Previous Nintendo trends are releasing total revisions of the same hardware.

Gameboy Advanced -> Gameboy SP
Gameboy DS -> Gameboy DS Lite

...i am not alone in thinking that 18-24 months from now Wii has an HD brother.

Both of your examples had color change releases in between the changes you listed. Both did nothing to change the units playback, only minor improvements.

There is a component cable for the current Wii, they can't change the content requirements, they have not done so in ether of the examples you provided.

Shayne

I will totally agree with that, they wouldn't be changing the requirements of the machine, just an enhancement :)  Much the same as how games currently work on an SD set for the 360/PS3.  All the games will still work for everyone, I'm just saying give me a 720p playback so it doesn't look like ass, and give me some component cables in the box :) (i know the PS3 doesn't even do that :P)

Things like this blog post by an IGN employee shed some bad light on the consoles current playback: http://blogs.ign.com/Hil-IGN/2006/11/11/36713/ but at least you will be able to buy cables at Best Buy (http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744867p1.html). I bet it looks just great on a 27/32" tube TV (and their target market is exactly that), unfortunately I have a 46" DLP. 

I really want to try a Wii, and I'm super curious to its gameplay and such, i am just not willing to buy it myself, so one of you guys gotta do it so i can give it a try ;)

Tom

I'll be waiting for the DVD enabled unit, and hope it'll play video and audio off the lan :) (I've heard rumors that it will)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Man I duno about the video though.  My arms would get tired holding up those like he does.  Wonder how well it plays with the lazy types like me.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Melbosa

i realize that, but wonder if the guy one the video will be better his way than mine and kick my ass because of it?  Who knows :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Adams

What would really blow away the minds of people is if when you throw a grenade it's distance is determined by how strong the throw was.
That would be cool. There should be switch on the bottom, normal player or real life.

:P
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Darren Dirt

Trailer is nice, but the gameplay videos (show up as "related" videos on Youtube) are what will convince gamers to get it, and the difference* in gameplay will be what will convince them to get it for the Wii :)

e.g. "Night drop" looks like hella FUN ;D no goggles, gotta use ammo to light up your terrain :o

*speaking of that difference, E3 2006 Zelda Wii Promo for anyone who cares to get a glimpse...

argh! dammit! I shouldn't have watched that! Now I actually *want* to buy the blasted thing soon, rather waiting until the spring... and seeing Wii Sports footage doesn't help me in holding off, either... :o

Oh, and I thought the Bob Ross Painting idea was a creative idea for really taking advantage of the Wii controller -- how about "Trauma Center", pancreatic surgery In Your Living Room! :D "Just remember, playing this game doesn't mean you can actually perform surgery." ::)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

CoD3 for the Wii scored a 7.7 over at IGN, compared to 8.8 for the 360

Tom

But who plays games like CoD3 for the actual gameplay? Most are in it for the graphics alone :P

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on November 16, 2006, 09:05:25 AM
But who plays games like CoD3 for the actual gameplay? Most are in it for the graphics alone :P
Odd, I enjoy it for the gameplay... CoD has nice graphics but it was by no means the best.

Tom

All just seems "more of the same" to me

Mr. Analog

The combat systems is much "faster" than others like MoH and being out in the open is much more dangerous, so you get more adrenalin, I find.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Cova

Quote from: Lazybones on November 16, 2006, 09:16:22 AM
Odd, I enjoy it for the gameplay... CoD has nice graphics but it was by no means the best.
I've always enjoyed CoD games for the storyline / scripted events - and I'm also one of the few that still enjoys WWII games.  I'd really love to see a game kinda like a cross between CoD and GoW - I think the cover system from GoW would be right at home in a WWII shooter.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 16, 2006, 03:25:38 AM
...I thought the Bob Ross Painting idea was a creative idea for really taking advantage of the Wii controller -- how about "Trauma Center", pancreatic surgery In Your Living Room! :D "Just remember, playing this game doesn't mean you can actually perform surgery." ::)

VGCats p.o.v. :D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.