recut movie trailers ("mashups") - Garden State, The Shining...

Started by Darren Dirt, April 03, 2006, 01:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 21, 2010, 03:26:31 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 20, 2010, 02:07:17 PM
LOL! Okay, that one was good

The recut/mashup right? Not the movie? ;)

Well duh, the recut looks watchable *rimshot*

The original Wicker Man is actually a great movie, too bad this second, crappier one had to show up and ruin it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 22, 2010, 12:33:47 AM

The original Wicker Man is actually a great movie, too bad this second, crappier one had to show up and ruin it.

Mr. Cage apparently realized it was supposed to be at least semi-campy, once he heard about BearSuit+LadyPunch , but presumably much of the rest of the cast/crew took it way too seriously  ::)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 22, 2010, 12:39:16 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 22, 2010, 12:33:47 AM

Mr. Cage apparently realized it was supposed to be at least semi-campy, once he heard about BearSuit+LadyPunch , but presumably much of the rest of the cast/crew took it way too seriously  ::)

I think it might have worked as a comedy given the cast and screenplay... the original is somewhat of a B-movie and was still better than this dreck...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 23, 2010, 12:57:03 AM

I think it might have worked as a comedy given the cast and screenplay... the original is somewhat of a B-movie and was still better than this dreck...

^ I predict you will quote yourself above, word-for-word, when the rumoured remake of Logan's Run gets released ;)

Darren Dirt

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 24, 2010, 12:23:54 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 23, 2010, 12:57:03 AM

^ I predict you will quote yourself above, word-for-word, when the rumoured remake of Logan's Run gets released ;)

No, Logan's Run can only be remade as a "teen musical" flick

I was a Sand-man but now I'm a run-ner!
We've got a runner! We've got a runner!
They say there's a way out but no one has been there!
We've got a runner! Yeah! We've got a runner!
. . .

Actually I think Hollywood should just pick one movie and remake it over and over to see what the end result of a few thousand bastardizations creates.

Case in point; read H.G. Wells The Time Machine, then watch the 1960 George Pal version and then watch the Simon Wells version. You will note that the Pal version is based on but diverts from the book in many ways, the Wells version is based on the Pal version but diverts from the film in many ways. I figure if they remake it about 5 or 6 more times it will be a buddy cop movie with two love triangles and a CG hip-hop robot.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Well at least the GOOD news is they will be doing a "reboot" of the Spider-Man franchise...

anyhoo, back to the thread topic, so amazing to have this long-running thread not get hijacked too often ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 03, 2010, 02:30:59 PM
trope-filled oscar-baiting trailer parody archetype mashup thingie

I am truly inspired by the naive words coughed out by the dying friend/relative.

That was pretty much the formula right there. Great find DD
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

speaking of tiresome formula being exposed thru spoofery...
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/7f0cd37352/pooljumpers-trailer

(watching the above, my first thought was "King of Kong", tbh ... what a geek I am, eh?)

(upon reflection, the emotions stirred up, though in mockery, actually reminded me of how enjoyable the experience was in watching a particular excellent though mostly-unheard-of mockumentary "It's All Gone Pete Tong" -- if you are a fan of dance/electronic/DJ music/culture at all, do yourself a favour and seek out a viewing, totally worth the time. Some guy on IMDB even said it is "achingly rewatchable", very true!)

Thorin

Okay, I'll agree that "It's All Gone Pete Tong" was a good watch.  Although when he's tripping and then trying to detox after going deaf was absolutely surreal and not my cup of tea.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

You know the horn-heavy music from the "Inception" trailer?

Looks like (sounds like?) it's pretty popular in "serious" trailer recuts and remixes... and for some of them, it really works!
http://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2010/07/14/inception-style-movie-trailers-and-mashups/

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 08, 2010, 02:58:11 PM
You know the horn-heavy music from the "Inception" trailer?

Looks like (sounds like?) it's pretty popular in "serious" trailer recuts and remixes... and for some of them, it really works!
http://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2010/07/14/inception-style-movie-trailers-and-mashups/

The Batman one really fit!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt