Weekend Poker

Started by Ustauk, February 27, 2007, 02:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Anyone up for poker this weekend?  I can host on either Friday or Saturday, depending on what would be better for people.

Lazybones

I know I am busy Friday night, well at least till 7 or 8 ish because of DST patching at work. Saturday I MIGHT have plans, already but I am just trying to get them confirmed.

Darren Dirt

Sadly, it's Tuesday already and I still don't know for sure whether my Friday or Saturday night is free. But I'm interesting in "getting out of the house" for sure, I'll let you know probably tonight.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

No can do, I have the EDGA general meeting on Saturday morning.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 27, 2007, 05:58:57 PM
No can do, I have the EDGA general meeting on Saturday morning.
You're busy Saturday night as well, i take it?

Darren Dirt

For me, Friday nite is definitely "out" and Saturday night is a maybe... perhaps it will depending on Mr. A and Lazy's availability, it sure would be nice to have The Old Gang able to *all* get together one of these nights. :(

HandsomeDevil

I was just about to post to see if anyone wanted to come over to La Casa Diablo for some cards, when I saw this.

I can do Saturday and even host if Ustauk wants a break from busting out the vacuum and windex  ;)

Mr. Analog

Saturday night might be doable!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: HandsomeDevil on February 28, 2007, 09:47:45 AM
I was just about to post to see if anyone wanted to come over to La Casa Diablo for some cards, when I saw this.

I can do Saturday and even host if Ustauk wants a break from busting out the vacuum and windex  ;)
Although my house is in decent shape at the moment, you are welcome to host, should you wish to.

Ustauk

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 28, 2007, 10:09:34 AM
I can come grab you and drop you off should Lazy be unable to attend.  I can also give Darren a ride home after, as well, should he be able to attend.

Ustauk

K, the game will be at HandsomeDevil's house, since he hasn't had a chance to host us yet. That'll give us a chance to play with his fancy cards and chips :)

HandsomeDevil

Quote from: Ustauk on February 28, 2007, 11:47:17 AM
K, the game will be at HandsomeDevil's house, since he hasn't had a chance to host us yet. That'll give us a chance to play with his fancy cards and chips :)

Rock on. Thanks, Ustauk for letting me get my host on. Anyone who is interested, PM me for the address. Shall we say 7:00 on Saturday?

I was thinking of a little no-limit sit and go style tournament to warm up, followed by some cash game action. As far as cash games, $0.25-$0.50 limit hold'em like at Dirt's last time worked pretty well. If people are game, we can take a stab at some other games like Ohama , Stud or Razz. But hey, I'm easy... (That's what she said

Bixby

I am already hosting a tournament on Friday Night, attending a mini-Tourney on Saturday night, and playing in a big tourney on Sunday. Guess I am out. :D

Hey.

I bet you I don't have a gambling problem. ;D

Darren Dirt

Quote from: HandsomeDevil on February 28, 2007, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: Ustauk on February 28, 2007, 11:47:17 AM

Rock on. Thanks, Ustauk for letting me get my host on. Anyone who is interested, PM me for the address. Shall we say 7:00 on Saturday?

I was thinking of a little no-limit sit and go style tournament to warm up, followed by some cash game action. As far as cash games, $0.25-$0.50 limit hold'em like at Dirt's last time worked pretty well. If people are game, we can take a stab at some other games like Ohama , Stud or Razz. But hey, I'm easy... (That's what she said

LOL I am such a pop culture addict, I immediately knew "TWSS" was a Michael Scott reference ::)

PS: usually Limit stakes are listed as BB/BigBet and NL blinds are listed as SB/BB, so to clarify for those used to NL labelling, I take it you meant BB/BigBet of 0.25/0.50? (i.e. SB/BB would be 0.10/0.25 or something)?

If so, might I suggest we double that to make it a bit more interesting, to 0.50/1.00 -- in other words SB/BB of 0.25/0.50 (i.e. the post-turn/river "Big Bet" would be $1.00 which may sound like a lot to some but a $20-$30 buyin would give them a decent # of hands to chase to the river ;)

FYI folks, Limit pots are rarely more than 20-25BB total, so individual 'investments' per pot are usually between 2-10BB but more often around 3-5, so SB/BB of 0.25/0.50 would still be very doable for all of us, methinks, without worrying about busting out too quick.)

I'll confirm tonight, I really hope to be able to make it esp. since some of the Mr. Superbusy folks are gonna make it...

(HanDev PM me with your address pleaseandthankyou.)

HandsomeDevil

Yeah, I meant BB/Big bet with a SB/BB of $0.10/$0.25 but I'm definitely good to go for $0.50/$1

$100 is decent for a 3/6 game so $30 will definitely carry in a 0.5/1 game

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Ustauk on February 28, 2007, 10:20:23 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 28, 2007, 10:09:34 AM
I can come grab you and drop you off should Lazy be unable to attend.  I can also give Darren a ride home after, as well, should he be able to attend.

Confirmed, I can make it.

Since HD lives downtown it should be no problem for my brother and I to take the bus there... And as long as we leave by about 11:30pm we could take the bus home, if there isn't room in the UstaukMobile. We'll play it by ear I guess, depending on if Lazy is coming etc.

See you Saturday 8)

Ustauk

My girlfriend is coming on Saturday, so I may have to run her home and come back for the Darren, Darren's brother, and Mr. A.  See you guys on the morrow!

Mr. Analog

I thought I'd have the time tonight but I don't.

Have fun guys.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

*sniff*

Ah well, more chance of me winning it all ;)

HandsomeDevil

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 03, 2007, 06:24:13 PM
*sniff*

But less to win ;)

That's too bad. Maybe next time Mr. A

Mr. Analog

Quote from: HandsomeDevil on March 03, 2007, 06:49:44 PM
*sniff*

But less to win ;)

For sure, it's crazy for me right now...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: HandsomeDevil on March 03, 2007, 06:49:44 PM
*sniff*

But less to win ;)

Ironic words above, considering how well my "horseshoe" was working on Saturday ;)

Thanks for an awesome hosting job, HD, sorry I didn't post my TY at the usual 2am-the-same-day but I had kids being dropped off the next morning ;) Oh, and sorry for all the Hollywood/slowrolling ... normally I'm not such an ass. ::)

Ustauk

Thanks for hosting, HandsomeDevil.  A good time was had by all :)

Darren Dirt

btw for those who want to improve their Pokerese skills:

The Official Dictionary of Poker (by Michael Wiesenberg)

"the first comprehensive and authoritative compilation of poker terminology ever published"
http://www.poker1.com/mcu/pokerdictionary/mculib_dictionary_info.asp

e.g.
http://www.poker1.com/mcu/pokerdictionary/mculib_dictionary_h.asp
Hollywood
1. (n) Acting. "Quit the Hollywood; we know you've got the Holy City." 2. (adj) In a showoff manner. When a player has only a few chips left, and someone bets him $1000, knowing that he can't call even 1% of that bet, that's a Hollywood move. 3. (v) Act; ham it up. "Don't Hollywood me. If you're gonna bet, do it; otherwise just show down your hand."

http://www.poker1.com/mcu/pokerdictionary/mculib_dictionary_s.asp
slow roll
(n phrase) The practice by some players, at the showdown, when they have the best hand, of waiting till the last possible moment before showing that hand. This is usually done for one of three reasons: to see everyone else's cards first, to needle one or more of the active players, or just out of pure orneriness.

slow-roll
(v) To knowingly have the best hand at the showdown but expose it only after the losers' hands are shown, leading another player to think he has the winning hand. See slow roll.

(much of the Wikipedia entry is based on that, but of course the actual dictionary is far more comprehensive)