Warmachine

Started by Mr. Analog, June 20, 2008, 10:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I'm going to start a thread on a game that Thorin and I play from time to time with a friend of ours from work called Warmachine.

Warmachine is a tactical miniatures game that combines sword-and-sorcery with steampunk and creates a vibrant world of entertaining warfare.

From Wikipedia:
QuoteWarmachine is a tabletop wargame produced by Privateer Press. The game is played with white metal miniatures manufactured by Privateer Press representing military characters from the Iron Kingdoms D20 Role Playing Game setting. Battles are fought between Warcasters from rival kingdoms, the large steam-powered warjacks that the Warcasters control, and troops consisting of humans and fantasy races.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warmachine

I like the game because it's fairly easy to play and the low cost of building an army is quite attractive.

Incidentally my favourite faction so far is Khador. (smashy-smashy)
By Grabthar's Hammer

The Silver Surfer

just bought into it today, my faction is Protectorate, we should set up a crappy weather day to drink and play in a couple of week, so us newbies can learn to play ( and gives me a chance to paint....lol )

Mr. Analog

Quote from: The Silver Surfer on June 23, 2008, 11:48:26 AM
just bought into it today, my faction is Protectorate, we should set up a crappy weather day to drink and play in a couple of week, so us newbies can learn to play ( and gives me a chance to paint....lol )

I will spread the word. Let's tentatively set July 11th. I will follow up with Chris and Thorin.
By Grabthar's Hammer

The Silver Surfer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Holy blap, haven't seen you post here for a while, Surfer :)

Chris-from-work, the guy that got Mr. Analog hooked on Warmachine to begin with.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 23, 2008, 04:47:37 PM
Holy blap, haven't seen you post here for a while, Surfer :)

Chris-from-work, the guy that got Mr. Analog hooked on Warmachine to begin with.

That's the guy, ol SS is havin' some fun ;)

Would you be up for a game on the 11th?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

As in July?  That's me birthday, I might be busy.  Let me get back to you next week, 'k?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 23, 2008, 04:52:08 PM
As in July?  That's me birthday, I might be busy.  Let me get back to you next week, 'k?

Whoops! Sorry man, didn't see it on the calendar.
By Grabthar's Hammer

The Silver Surfer

what are we thinking when we play? 350pt army, just war casters and 'jacks, of 500pts with everything

Mr. Analog

Quote from: The Silver Surfer on June 24, 2008, 09:27:32 AM
what are we thinking when we play? 350pt army, just war casters and 'jacks, of 500pts with everything

Not sure, usually we play 500 pts if I recall.
By Grabthar's Hammer

The Silver Surfer

k, cool, have the 4th to the 13th off, I'll be putting my army together then, not too sure what it will be made of after the warcaster and 'jacks yet though, might swing be that Game's Lair on friday to see what kind of armies work

Mr. Analog

Quote from: The Silver Surfer on June 25, 2008, 11:46:25 AM
k, cool, have the 4th to the 13th off, I'll be putting my army together then, not too sure what it will be made of after the warcaster and 'jacks yet though, might swing be that Game's Lair on friday to see what kind of armies work

From what I've gathered so far the armies are fairly balanced it's the warcaster feats that change the game...
By Grabthar's Hammer

The Silver Surfer

buying the faction deck was great, cause I know what everything in my faction does, and what works well with each other

Mr. Analog

Quote from: The Silver Surfer on June 25, 2008, 01:31:55 PM
buying the faction deck was great, cause I know what everything in my faction does, and what works well with each other

I should probably do the same for Khador...
By Grabthar's Hammer