Usamot 2 ideas and zoning

Started by Lazybones, March 10, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Oh yeah, if anyone is out collecting sand and finds a bunch of sandstone I'm looking for more

If you need black ink I have a bunch :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 13, 2014, 01:59:16 PM
Oh yeah, if anyone is out collecting sand and finds a bunch of sandstone I'm looking for more

If you need black ink I have a bunch :D

Well I also have black ink now :) , I did find some sand stone digging in the mesa, it does have a desert like ground with sand.

Mr. Analog

Ooh, I may have to join you there for some mining then :D

Gotta enchant a new pick I think :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 13, 2014, 02:39:46 PM
Ooh, I may have to join you there for some mining then :D

Gotta enchant a new pick I think :)

You are welcome to sleep at the house I built at end of the road for shelter...

Thorin

Hello from Calgary!

I did more diamond hunting last night, and now have 50+ diamonds plus 6 diamond enchanted picks (so around 60 diamonds found).  I'm now to the point where I'm mining for diamonds with enchanted diamond picks because it goes quicker.  I'm gonna leave the iron for armour and minor tools.

I found a zombie spawner and built an xp farm out of it.  There's an above-ground entrance at +86,-56, roughly.  It's nowhere near Spawn City.  Dunno how much it'll be used, though.  I also found a couple more saddles and another horse armour at the spawner, so I've left two saddles and two horse armours with the horses we have in Spawn City.  I want to bring in some more horses, too, but there's no point until there's more saddles to ride them.  Sucks that saddles only appear in dungeon chests.  Feel free to take those horses for a ride, it's fun getting everywhere fast.

Next time I'm online, I'll be starting work on my manor house at +0,+0.  Once it's underway, maybe I'll finally build a path to it from Spawn City.

Oh, and I learned about this new mining technique where you dig a long tunnel along one side of a set of contiguous chunks, then use short branch mining to mine out a chunk until you find diamonds, then abandon that chunk once you find the diamonds in it.  The video talking about this pointed out that it's pointless to keep mining in a chunk once you've found the diamonds in it.  The video also said to mine with your feet on level 11 so that you expose level 11-13 rather than 12-14, since diamonds are way more common on 12 and below.  This is a good point.  Maybe mining with your feet on 8 and mining corridors that are three blocks high would be even better, but then LAVA.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

*sigh*

Was playing today, and Mr A was on, then he left right away :( *forever alone*

I found my first emerald of the map though! wooo! rather big iron veins too. I'm in the mountain to the south, I hope noone has claimed that area yet.

I might make a cooked chicken dispenser in spawn at some point, so save me a spot for it some place.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Sorry I had to go out today, I'm at the folks place for a BBQ. I'm actually surprised I was able to get on today anyway. I will be online tomorrow though I can show you around what I've built up so far
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 15, 2014, 04:29:19 PM
Sorry I had to go out today, I'm at the folks place for a BBQ. I'm actually surprised I was able to get on today anyway. I will be online tomorrow though I can show you around what I've built up so far
Heh. I was just bugging you :) I have no idea if I'll get on at all tomorrow.

Lazybones

Tom

Lazybones

No Rogers coverage between Kamloops and Jasper.  Kind of spotty from Jasper to Edmonton.

Well other than edge. 

Snowie0wl

Whoops I'm late in checking the boards. I just hope this Usamot 2.0 is more horse accessible. Won't somebody think of the horses? Wide streets, at least three block high tunnels, fence posts and shelters where logical, etc.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Snowie0wl on March 17, 2014, 03:08:08 AM
Whoops I'm late in checking the boards. I just hope this Usamot 2.0 is more horse accessible. Won't somebody think of the horses? Wide streets, at least three block high tunnels, fence posts and shelters where logical, etc.

It's not that built up yet, there is a surprising lack of saddles though. In my little area there were a lot of horses / donkeys most of them fell into natural pits the ones that are wandering around though I can't do anything with.

I started mass excavation in my area now, things are starting to take shape. Once I hit iron I'll be able to set up automation. I've put 100% of my resources into building what I have already (which is a lot actually). I can't wait until the first shaft is down to bedrock :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Saddles saddles saddles.  There are two in the chest by the horses at spawn (and two horses there already), and I have a third for personal use.  We'll have to keep looking for dungeons with spawners, if we want more saddles.  I think it took quite a while to build up all the saddles we had on Usamot 1, as well.  Just, at first they were only for riding on pigs and no one did that so they were given away freely.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Oh and Snowie, there's still lots of space on the server.  We've spread out a little bit, but not too far from each other, and Spawn City is nicely defined now with a crossroads and fences all around and a nearby mine and Ye Olde Magick Shoppe for enchanting and the Survival Shack to start in and animals penned in and some fields with planted crops.

If you want to make it more horse-accessible, go for it.  So far it's been easy to ride around the map, though.  My only problem has been no slimes yet, so no slimeballs to make leads with, so when I get off my horse to gather material (dark oak, in particular), my horse wanders off and I have to find her back.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful