Usamot 2 ideas and zoning

Started by Lazybones, March 10, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on March 17, 2014, 10:19:43 AM
My only problem has been no slimes yet, so no slimeballs to make leads with

I've come across one so far in my mine, so there should be more.  If I find a few I'll drop them off in town.

Mr. Analog

Once I get my open pit design working slimes should be spawning down there
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Probably easier to just find a swamp biome...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Tom, what are the x,y,z co-ordinates for the spawn point in SMP? It should be in the level.dat file for the world.

I was just reading the spawn rules and people could potentially end up on top of buildings, inside animal pens etc if there are structures too close to the spawn point.

QuoteA player with no spawn point set (such as by a bed) will be placed randomly at the highest point in a 20x/20z square centered on the x-/z- corner of the spawn point; that is, the 20x/20z spawn square's edges are at SpawnX -10/+9, SpawnZ -10/+9.

Source

Once I know the spawn point I can mark it off and then work out the area where people can potentially spawn and we can work clear it / make it safe. Maybe set up beacon
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, I was thinking of putting a beacon up right under the actual spawn.

X: -216
Y: 64
Z: 224
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 17, 2014, 04:02:16 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of putting a beacon up right under the actual spawn.

X: -216
Y: 64
Z: 224

Thanks!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I've planted a small forest of spruce trees just outside the NW edge of town, since they won't spawn in that area.  They're free to use for the community for anyone who wants the wood or their own saplings, but if you chop one down, please replant another in it's place.

Tom

I also started a small forest closer to town on the south side of spawn, same thing goes there.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

There may be some clearing of forest near the north road extension, orchards are planned for NE of the Analog Industries building

An elevated track system is planned depending on how much iron / gold I can find
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Urge to Mine very strong

Anybody planning on playing tonight?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

YES!  Probably 7pm-10pm, as I have to pick up my mom from the airport around 11pm.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

*sweats nervously*

I kind of lost track of time working on other stuff eh heh oops /sorry

augh, my internal clock is all messed up
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

'sokay, I figured you went to bed early our something. Lazy came on just as I had to get off to go to the airport for my mom.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on March 21, 2014, 01:01:45 AM
'sokay, I figured you went to bed early our something. Lazy came on just as I had to get off to go to the airport for my mom.

I ended up having a nap after work and I thought it was 6 PM and not 8 PM, so I started drawing, when I looked at the clock again it was like 11 already hah

I have some arts to do tonight but I'm gonna be MC'ing a lot this weekend I think (what with the snow everywhere *sigh* )
By Grabthar's Hammer