Usamot 2 ideas and zoning

Started by Lazybones, March 10, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on March 28, 2014, 11:16:23 AM
I've been riding around on a horse for more than 900 from spawn, for sure.  Lenny's probably explored a bit further than 900, too.

Yeah, I've gone at least twice that far in several directions.

Lazybones

Just saw several players I didn't know on the server... Is whitelisting enabled?

Tom

Whitelist is enabled. I believe DrCoconut is a friend of the Ceneks., and Aaran007 may be a friend of Lenny's. not sure though.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Analog Industries submits design proposal for Teleportal Hub

After reviewing several designs AI has come up with a functional yet aesthetic design for the Planet Bob Teleportal Hub

The design is based on Streamline Moderne and would largely be built from quartz blocks, black tinted glass and would feature a birch interior. The design would start with two spacious levels which will leave room for upward expansion and a central viewing / observation deck that would house maps and a birds eye view of the immediate surroundings.

The current plot allocated for this building is marked with signposts and would be across from the nether portal.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That looks pretty cool, actually...  The rounded corners might be hard given the space you have pegged off.  And you're gonna need a lot a lot of nether quartz...  I'll start mining :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 02, 2014, 04:25:11 PM
That looks pretty cool, actually...  The rounded corners might be hard given the space you have pegged off.  And you're gonna need a lot a lot of nether quartz...  I'll start mining :)

Right on, well the scale of some parts may change when I start building, I have to get the old circle templates out.

I'll get one base area done and from there I can estimate what will be needed.

I'm also planning on opening a store near spawn (a sapling emporium!)

For all your Tree-e Needs
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

LennyLen

You guys should get working on that Teleportal Hub.  When you've got it ready, I can give you the co-ordinates for a Skeleton Spawner to link it to.

I've added a few new farm plots to Spawn City as well.  There's now Netherwart, Pumpkins and Melons for everyone.

Mr. Analog

I meant to log in yesterday but I'm still fighting a cold, I went for a nap that lasted 8 hours yesterday

I'm a wreck today echh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

JFC warn a brother before you install Treecapitate

I nearly @%&# myself
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Treecapitate's installed?  Well, I guess it goes along with all the flying people...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 08, 2014, 08:56:28 PM
Treecapitate's installed?  Well, I guess it goes along with all the flying people...

It's not Treecapitate per se, it seems inconsistent too, but if there's a tree and you whack it it will shift over a square and some blocks will drop, it's so strange!

I designed my tree farm so I could chop trees down from the top, which meant that when I chopped my first tree I fell about 4m
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 08, 2014, 09:30:46 PM
It's not Treecapitate per se, it seems inconsistent too, but if there's a tree and you whack it it will shift over a square and some blocks will drop, it's so strange!

I didn't even realize it was a mod until Thomas told me.  I thought it was one of the weird desync glitches I sometimes get from being so far from the server, due to the inconsistency.  It will also sometimes drop acacia leaves from oak trees.

Tom

Yeah, Sorry, I wanted to see the reaction ;D

I saw it on youtube last week and installed it right away. The way it works is if you cut out the trunk, all of the blocks fall. But due to MATH being HARD, it just scans all leaf blocks, if multiple trees are connected by leafs, all trunks have to be hit out before everything falls.

Best effect is find a large tree standing by itself and cut it down :D

I'll remove it if you guys don't like it.

It's called BlingTrees (by SethBling).