Usamot 2 ideas and zoning

Started by Lazybones, March 10, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Nice! I'll be on in a bit and check it out
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

welp, got my giant platform all lit up and then flattened out the land underneath it: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/29/64/-112/-1/0/0

I think I mined out 80,000 blocks - it took all weekend!  I think I have about 24 double chests full of material now, mostly cobble and then dirt.

Now why did I flatten it out?  For a while I was thinking of setting up a monster grinder under there, given how many mobs were spawning.  Not sure if I still want that, or if it just looks cool, as if the platform scooped out a bunch of land.

Next up, though, are the lava legs.  My little guy's been asking me when I'm going to make them.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

It reminds me of two things..

1. a sports field.
2. it could easily look like a giant marble maze if you build a bunch of walls on it and holes.

Mr. Analog

I vote giant maze! That's a great idea

Mob grinder less so, I can create cobble generators so we can fill in the gap underneath if you are interested.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Simple way to keep mobs from spawning, fill it with a layer of water. and with recent versions of mc, you dont need to fill it in completely by hand \o/
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Well, for underneath I was thinking mob grinder because in the middle of the day I'd see groups of new mobs spawn in as I was still fighting the old ones off.  A lot of mobs seemed to spawn there.  Which is why I lit it up like crazy while trying to remove the trees.

For on top, I've got my plans for the City Of Tomorrow (tall, bulby towers all encased in glass).  It's a LONG TERM build, I'll probably still be working on it at the end of the summer.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Ahh cool, you'll need this then:
http://www.plotz.co.uk/

And maybe the circle template to make towers and then cap them with domes

furthermore:
monorail! Monorail! MONORAIL!

mono... D'OH!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Plotz is great. I used it for the bowl part of my mesa build.

Mr. Analog

Planned builds:

• Continue BIG DIG
  • 6 lane highway
  • 1:1 Stanley A. Milner Library

I'm actually planning to build a lot of stuff north of my factory, I have a lot of materials again so it's going to be a fun weekend of building!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

On top of my industrial farm I've built a huge silo for all the wheat

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Does anybody have an abundance of gravel kicking around?
By Grabthar's Hammer