Usamot 2 ideas and zoning

Started by Lazybones, March 10, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 11, 2014, 09:30:02 AM
Dang, I have D&D tonight, I wish I could do both lol
I wish I had D&D tonight... :(
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 11, 2014, 10:07:23 AM

If you want you can join us? We play online every other Tuesday
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 11, 2014, 10:14:03 AM

Thought you had a full group already?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 11, 2014, 10:15:12 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 11, 2014, 10:14:03 AM

Thought you had a full group already?

I can always ask Dustin if there's room for more
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Thorin

If we do city blocks we'll want to make them fairly large, otherwise people's buildings will end up spawning more than one block anyway.  The other choice is to just let the roads and alleys develop naturally.

Mr. A, I like that idea of slabs and stairs for roads.  What material would you use for that, though?  Another option is smooth stone slabs for the road and wood slabs for the sidewalks.

We've got the gravel roads going already, though, and I do like the crunchy sound as you walk on them.  It's funny, I'm finally starting to pay attention to the sounds even though I've been playing for over a year.

For the nether portal, we could cast it with lava although I found diamonds yesterday and will be creating a diamond pick next time I'm on.  And there's lots of obsidian down by the lava fields I've been carefully digging around.  I think the most important thing for the nether portal is to put it in a good spot and then to go to the nether and then to move the one in the nether to the perfect-matched coordinates.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 11, 2014, 10:20:20 AM
Sure.

Done and done

Quote from: Thorin on March 11, 2014, 10:28:00 AM
If we do city blocks we'll want to make them fairly large, otherwise people's buildings will end up spawning more than one block anyway.  The other choice is to just let the roads and alleys develop naturally.

Mr. A, I like that idea of slabs and stairs for roads.  What material would you use for that, though?  Another option is smooth stone slabs for the road and wood slabs for the sidewalks.

We've got the gravel roads going already, though, and I do like the crunchy sound as you walk on them.  It's funny, I'm finally starting to pay attention to the sounds even though I've been playing for over a year.

For the nether portal, we could cast it with lava although I found diamonds yesterday and will be creating a diamond pick next time I'm on.  And there's lots of obsidian down by the lava fields I've been carefully digging around.  I think the most important thing for the nether portal is to put it in a good spot and then to go to the nether and then to move the one in the nether to the perfect-matched coordinates.

Stone brick stairs and stone slabs (not cobble), it makes it look like gutters & stuff won't spawn on half blocks or stairs so if we get enough buildings we reduce above ground mob around spawn (though I do like the beacon idea, might as well just /give it into the world and put it down.

For the nether whichever is the fastest way, I mean you can make a nether portal with just a few buckets of lava and water (and a flint and tinder). I'm less interested in using the Nether as a quick travel route this time around since we can use command blocks if need be, I say we create the first portal, build a protective castle around it in the Nether and then just let things develop naturally. Maybe if we find a Nether fortress build a portal back to the overworld.

I think fast travel should be handled by command blocks anyway, not that we're that far spread out
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, Tele-Portals are awesome!  Do we still like the design from the old map, the little brick umbrella hut with the command block hidden?

Once we get to the nether and gather a bunch of glowstone dust, maybe we want to light spawn up with glowstone-in-the-ground?  That'll help keep the mobs down to nothing as well.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Redstone lamps activated when the sun gets low! Woooo!

I guess I should design a new Teleport Hub... suggestions?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I'm so lost with all your jibber-jabber tele-orturs stuffs.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 11, 2014, 11:39:13 AM

Press button, receive new location
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Connect to Usamot 1, go to spawn, find this building: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-37/64/47/max/0/1.  Go inside and push a button on a red brick umbrella stand.  SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 11, 2014, 11:12:22 AM

Redstone lamps turning off and on would be awesome.  The reason I suggested glowstone in the ground is because for every block we raise the light source up off the ground, the glowstone blocks have to be two blocks closer together to stop the spawningz-es.

I dunno what would work for a Tele-Portal hub...  Maybe a multi-story unit this time?  Grand Central Terminal was so well designed, it'll be hard to top.  Or maybe a large glass building with a reverse roof, like Dulles Airport: http://www.citycabsandlimo.com/images/dulles%20airport.jpg
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

I just realized, we haven't seen a village anywhere yet.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on March 11, 2014, 11:52:32 AM

Connect to Usamot 1, go to spawn, find this building: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-37/64/47/max/0/1.  Go inside and push a button on a red brick umbrella stand.  SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 11, 2014, 11:12:22 AM

Redstone lamps turning off and on would be awesome.  The reason I suggested glowstone in the ground is because for every block we raise the light source up off the ground, the glowstone blocks have to be two blocks closer together to stop the spawningz-es.

I dunno what would work for a Tele-Portal hub...  Maybe a multi-story unit this time?  Grand Central Terminal was so well designed, it'll be hard to top.  Or maybe a large glass building with a reverse roof, like Dulles Airport: http://www.citycabsandlimo.com/images/dulles%20airport.jpg

That's pretty cool

(starts designing)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

haha, I knew that'd get the juices flowing :)  Don't forget to check out the new layout to the town square, there should be some room near it but you could just as easily put it ten or twenty blocks away from the town square and we just build a road to it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful