Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

DNS all fixed, but I had to swap DNS providers and stuff. So it may take a while for it to update for people. In the meantime, use the ip I put in my last post, and in the OP.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

I've upgraded the internets to shaw's 100/5 plan to get a little more upload.

let me know if there are any issues.

Lazybones

Damn you and your fancy high speed Internet.

Tom

I mostly got it for the upload, and that since I canceled my TV, it costs /less/ than what I was paying before. So win/win.

Tom

Just to head off questions, the upgrade is "comming soon"&trade;

Tom

In case anyone is interested, my main ups decided to die today. I had forgotten to install the @%&#ty optiups monitoring software, so there was nothing to give me any clue about when it was about to die. Server's back up, and I'm ordering a new ups :)

Lazybones

Ya those batteries are only good for about 2-3 years particularly if they get used a few times.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 13, 2013, 12:47:53 AM
Ya those batteries are only good for about 2-3 years particularly if they get used a few times.
It's been at least 4. So it's about time. getting a new APC BackUps Pro 1500 to replace the OptiUPS. $50 off :o

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on May 13, 2013, 01:06:39 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on May 13, 2013, 12:47:53 AM
It's been at least 4. So it's about time. getting a new APC BackUps Pro 1500 to replace the OptiUPS. $50 off :o

When I say "GOOD" I mean will run at near full rated capacity... Past that they might still work bet degrade at various rates.

Tom

For those wondering, the server is down pending power being restored.

Tom

Things are back, and I set up a "new" UPS on the server that will give it over an hour of up time should the power go out, and my network gear gets 3 hours, so people, if you're out of power, but are playing on battery, you can keep playing for up to an hour! woo!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on June 26, 2013, 01:39:43 PM
Things are back, and I set up a "new" UPS on the server that will give it over an hour of up time should the power go out, and my network gear gets 3 hours, so people, if you're out of power, but are playing on battery, you can keep playing for up to an hour! woo!

Now to script some server battery % alerts so the minecraft addicts know when to jump ship.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on June 26, 2013, 07:53:57 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 26, 2013, 01:39:43 PM

Now to script some server battery % alerts so the minecraft addicts know when to jump ship.
I'll probably add that when I add the script to send me messages via NotifyMyAndroid.

Tom

Moved the minecraft vanilla server to the clouds. This seems to have fixed Thorin's issues.

Overviwer is down till I figure out what I'll be doing with it.

Tom

I might run some maintenance on the mc server soonish. might happen tonight, or tomorrow. when ever I notice that no one is online, I'll be taking mc down for a few minutes.