Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

http://mc.tomasu.org/

http://mc.tomasu.org:8124/

That Minecraft Overviewer tool that Tom set up on his server is really cool!  It lets you see the caves and tunnels as well!

Now we just need it in a flat overhead view with a blinking green light to show where you are, blinking red lights to show where the creepers are, and a guy telling you to turn left at the next hallway, a la the movies :)

No but seriously, that MCOV is the kind of tool I was thinking of.

Mod:

All of the following can appear in any of the four text lines optionally surrounded by other text:

Directions: <--- ----> ^  (must contain three dashes, can contain more)
Important POIs: [StuffHere]
Personal POIs: {StuffHere}
Trading POIs: *StuffHere*

It also automatically handles enchantment tables and cauldrons.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

In about 30min there should be less cave visible.

The initial render shows all generated chunks the updated render should only show caves lit by users and maybe lava.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 28, 2012, 05:49:45 PM
In about 30min there should be less cave visible.

The initial render shows all generated chunks the updated render should only show caves lit by users and maybe lava.
I may have to regenerate the entire map to get it to update it all. It looks like it may have updated where people have touched various chunks, so it seems to only be updating when a chunk is updated.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Already sent you an IM from the FAQ on it.

Tom

Ah, I didn't get notified. whoops.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 29, 2012, 12:06:24 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 28, 2012, 11:10:00 PM
Ah, I didn't get notified. whoops.

http://docs.overviewer.org/en/latest/faq/#you-ve-added-a-few-feature-or-changed-textures-but-it-s-not-showing-up-on-my-map
Yeah, I checked your pm window, saw that. I just didn't want to re run the generation. But with all the tweaks I just made, I have to anyhow. Give it 15m and it'll be done. Let me know if theres anything else you guys would like.

I looked into getting the POI stuff to mark nether portals, but it doesn't seem like the genPOI script knows how to do that yet. So all we get for now is signs.

Mr. Analog

I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to see this but there is a stronghold that generated next to the abandoned mine!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

All I saw were two libraries.. I guess I missed it?

Tom

Oh wow, I've seen a stronghold before and didn't realize it :o  just not on this map mind you. This was before there was an endragon or whatever.

And according to some research I just did, libraries are often part of strongholds... Huh. There's two right there. huh. Also, I see this weird patterned floor not far from the abandoned mine near my place, wonder what that is.

aha. That floor is Sev's pyramid.

Lazybones

The caves look much better now. Lava still everywhere but much less noise. 

Man, melbosa and Mr. A sure have been busy mining.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 29, 2012, 01:56:26 AM
The caves look much better now. Lava still everywhere but much less noise. 

Man, melbosa and Mr. A sure have been busy mining.

Heh, when I get going it kinda takes over lol

That's why I'm in building mode at the moment :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

What happened to the night time view? It was an easy way to find settlements (torches n' stuff)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 29, 2012, 06:51:49 AM
What happened to the night time view? It was an easy way to find settlements (torches n' stuff)

I suggested it might be redundant, but you do have a point about it highlighting populated areas.