Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I mean you SAY that...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Just watching and enjoying the Mandalorian. Not particularly interested in the movie coming out this week.

Mr. Analog

FYI new ep coming out on Wednesday instead of the usual Friday

I guess they don't want one colliding with the other? Who knows...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Second vote for The Mandalorian.  It's episodic and the overarching plot so far seems kinda weak.  Which is just fine for this kind of show.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on December 16, 2019, 08:52:49 PMSecond vote for The Mandalorian.  It's episodic and the overarching plot so far seems kinda weak.  Which is just fine for this kind of show.

I am quite happy with it being what it is.. There is world building happening but each little challenge / story is satisfying on its own.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 16, 2019, 06:22:21 PMI mean you SAY that...

Good point! Because I have watched multiple videos discussing the leaked script details and fully expect it all to be true... #oof

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 17, 2019, 08:51:46 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 16, 2019, 06:22:21 PMI mean you SAY that...

Good point! Because I have watched multiple videos discussing the leaked script details and fully expect it all to be true... #oof

Apparently it was/is all true.

Thoughts from any of you that *did* decide to vote with your wallets to The Devil Mouse to tell them that you want them to give us more of this?

Darren Dirt

I thank George Lucas for selling SW for $4 Billion while it was still potentially worth $4 Billion.

And also for motivating RLM** and countless others to really up their creativity game as they entertained us so much over the last half decade during this shared journey.

**seriously wow, they even put "70 minutes" in the TITLE of their video and it still got more than 1 million views in a day -- and I was grinning the whole time :-)

My brother saw it this afternoon, and then we watched Jay and Mike and Rich and he agreed with a few things they said. Especially about feeling overwhelmed by the dozens of set pieces, no chance to take a breath and/or enjoy a scene or a moment. JJ "delivered", thanks 2009 Mr. Plinkett!

Lazybones

Finally watched The Rise of Skywalker last night... Seems like a hand full of interesting ideas that never got fully baked.

Hope The Mandalorian season two turns out well.

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

What I don't get is why Star Wars makes good TV but crappy movies Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian ... all great shows. Prequel trilogy? *Meh* Sequel trilogy? *Angry Meh*

Of course this is all my opinion and I have pretty strong feelings about it but it seems to me that passable writing and interesting characters went out the airlock in the films. We got a taste of some interesting characters in TFA only to see them get wasted in the next two films. I just don't get it?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 31, 2020, 09:50:01 PMWhat I don't get is why Star Wars makes good TV but crappy movies Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian ... all great shows. Prequel trilogy? *Meh* Sequel trilogy? *Angry Meh*

Of course this is all my opinion and I have pretty strong feelings about it but it seems to me that passable writing and interesting characters went out the airlock in the films. We got a taste of some interesting characters in TFA only to see them get wasted in the next two films. I just don't get it?

Its the people making the creative decisions and how much they understand the content.

Jon Favreau seems to really understand comic / fantasy and what fans want.

Dave Filoni also worked on both Clone Wars /Rebels.

It is like Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni have created their own separate universe under their creative direction.

The last three movies however have lacked direction and have had rewrites and changes of director.. The is nothing really pulling to make them good.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 31, 2020, 10:01:03 PMThe last three movies however have lacked direction and have had rewrites and changes of director.. The is nothing really pulling to make them good.

That hit it right on the head right there, couldn't have put it better.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

That Wii music is perfect for stuff like this video clip montage.

Those actors are so eager to move on from their part in this mess that they can't even hide it -- and they PRETEND FOR A LIVING!