Plex Slammed By Huge Copyright Coalition For Not Policing Pirates

Started by Lazybones, March 06, 2020, 11:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

So... if you open up for outside sharing then soon that might no longer be a thing?

Because I can't imagine any way of enforcing "in the home", AKA this impacting people who have a mix ("legally-wise") of content on their local drives and just use Plex because they want the convenience of Big Name Streaming Sites when it comes to home-friendly viewing options... without having to copy the media files to a USB stick to plug into their Smart TV or Roku or w/e.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Is this why I can't access their login? Can't even access my own plex server. sigh.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

My Plex is still accessable...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 20, 2020, 08:42:48 AMMy Plex is still accessable...

I can access it but the login form is blank. Trying to log in to my server forwards to app.plex.tv which is blank. And the login popup on their site is blank as well.

Maybe it's getting blocked by my firewall or something. It's not ublock blocking it tho.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 20, 2020, 09:31:01 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 20, 2020, 08:42:48 AMMy Plex is still accessable...

I can access it but the login form is blank. Trying to log in to my server forwards to app.plex.tv which is blank. And the login popup on their site is blank as well.

Maybe it's getting blocked by my firewall or something. It's not ublock blocking it tho.
Weird

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

The mobile site still works for me

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

My guess is there login servers are just busy with demand.