Main Menu

Teardown

Started by Mr. Analog, January 13, 2021, 05:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I gotta say, I've only played about 30 minutes but man what a fun game! You can pretty much destroy anything with the tools you are given and you get missions that take advantage of that ability.

So far what I like is planning a route through an area, breaking down any obstacles in the way of that route and then doing the mission, it satisfies both sides of the brain (though I have to say I prefer the smashy-smashy side of things lol)

Also at first I couldn't figure out what use the spray paint would be but basically you can use it as a guide for when you need to follow your own routes and not get lost when the time pressure is on.

Finally, the game looks incredible. The 3D pixel art is pretty damn impressive and looks really good even close up. The art design is pretty awesome too particularly the overall mood of the different levels, each one has its own personality.

Looking forward to playing more of this game!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I have sunk about 13.2 hours into Teardown so far. At first, I was trying for perfect missions but as they got harder, I have been just getting past a few.

MOST missions are plan, setup, parkour on a time limit, but there are a few variations and unique missions tossed in.

One thing to note is that most heavy vehicles have extra controls. The crane has an arm that moves up and down and the hook can latch and unlatch from things it is touching, flat bed tuck / trailer units have gates that lower.. The forklifts work etc.

Given that everything is made of voxels, I am surprised at the level of detail in the vehicles.

Also,, if you feel like optional objectives feel impossible due to something you can't destroy you may just need to come back later after getting weapon upgrades.

IF the mission seems impossible you just are not cheating / bending the world enough LOL.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on January 13, 2021, 06:13:26 PMIF the mission seems impossible you just are not cheating / bending the world enough LOL.

Haha ain't that the truth!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 13, 2021, 07:29:43 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on January 13, 2021, 06:13:26 PMIF the mission seems impossible you just are not cheating / bending the world enough LOL.

I particularly like it when the alarmed objects are connected to movable objects. I will gladly drag them across the whole map somehow to cut down on running later lol

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on January 13, 2021, 08:09:26 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 13, 2021, 07:29:43 PM

I particularly like it when the alarmed objects are connected to movable objects. I will gladly drag them across the whole map somehow to cut down on running later lol

Hahah I never thought of that
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I completed the main campaign. I didn't do all the optional objectives on all the levels however, so I have some stuff to go back and do.

Mr. Analog

Whoa! Awesome

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 17, 2021, 05:48:19 AMWhoa! Awesome

The game is still not complete as well, more missions are expected to be released for free.

I will stay that some of the alternate mission types / objectives had me re-think how I approved the levels. I hope there is a good mix of these in the additional levels.

Achievements would also be nice.

Lazybones

Ok have 100% on all maps other than villa gordon. Might just leave it at that, the map is huge and doing the minimum objectives was a real challenge.

Still looking forward to future updates with more content.

Mr. Analog

Whoa dude!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I need to check it out again, I played through a lot of it initially.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 21, 2022, 03:05:58 PMI need to check it out again, I played through a lot of it initially.

I need to try it now that I have a machine that can handle it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

MUCH more playable now!
By Grabthar's Hammer