No Man's Sky

Started by Mr. Analog, August 12, 2016, 08:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Does anybody know if the atlas pass crafting recipe is a random drop or a triggered event?

I've literally found dozens of containers and locked doors that need these things...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 21, 2016, 04:57:28 PM
Does anybody know if the atlas pass crafting recipe is a random drop or a triggered event?

I've literally found dozens of containers and locked doors that need these things...

If you see the space anomaly appear in your system one of the quest givers there will give it out randomly.. It is also given out randomly by other NPCs... However it isn't that common... It takes hours for some people.

It gives you access to two things that are better.

1. In locked buildings there is often a suit upgrade terminal behind the door.
2. those container often contain antimatter or vapour so it speeds up getting warp fuel

the V2 and v3 passes seem to open mostly empty rooms which appear to be incomplete content.

Mr. Analog

Interesting!

OK I actually have the recipe for antimatter now, I also have a dig tool with 10 slots. I seem to be getting everything backwards oh well

It's fun-ish (like you say, grindy)

I found some ruins today which was kinda cool, was getting kind of bored of monoliths.

Also some of the puzzles are interesting, I had to solve a pattern matching thing
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 21, 2016, 05:21:51 PM
Interesting!

OK I actually have the recipe for antimatter now, I also have a dig tool with 10 slots. I seem to be getting everything backwards oh well

It's fun-ish (like you say, grindy)

I found some ruins today which was kinda cool, was getting kind of bored of monoliths.

Also some of the puzzles are interesting, I had to solve a pattern matching thing

There is no backwards in the game since the generation system doesn't really care what order you do things... The atlas quest has a specific order but it is more checkpoint based so there is that (don't trade the stones, you need to keep them for the end of the quest).

There isn't much else to the game other than exploring... Looking at reddit there is interesting stuff to find however it is all somewhat random... You could just end up finding a lot of the same over many hours.

Tom

I had to go manually find the antimatter blueprint. Sigh.

I just launched my ship and ended up in orbit. Am confused.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

The most annoying part for me so far is that the hit boxes can be a bit opaque. So you end up having to maneuver around a foreground object to get the background one to activate. And especially that waypoints and beacons can re-activate an already visited location. And those stupid markers will stay on your hud IN SPACE AND OTHER PLANETS. So you have to go back and visit already visited locations to get the stupid markers to go away.

Mr. Analog

Yeah I wish there was a way to set HUD filters!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Or at least the game could just know that you've already been to a location before trying to send you there again lol.

Tom

New annoyance. If you don't get every single chunk of a ore deposit (like gold) it will look like the entire deposit is still there if you walk a ways away. ugh.

Tom

I just minecrafed a little tonight :o

Aka: Got myself lost in a cave, and eventually decided to blast my way out the roof of the cave. :D

That grenade launcher tool is very useful. One shots those flying sentinels and digs through all kinds of terrain. I basically stopped using the other gun like tool.

Mr. Analog

Hmm I have the recipe for them but never built them

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

That there plasma launcher is super useful.

Lazybones

If you just keep trading up your gun you also tend to inherit one with a bunch of the upgrades as well.

Darren Dirt

What was initially thought of as a needle-in-a-galactic-haystack event has seemingly been achieved.

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-multiplayer/
"Two No Man?s Sky players manage to meet, but apparently can't see each other"

(this news story is from 17 days ago. but still...)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on August 26, 2016, 11:35:44 AM
What was initially thought of as a needle-in-a-galactic-haystack event has seemingly been achieved.

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-multiplayer/
"Two No Man?s Sky players manage to meet, but apparently can't see each other"

(this news story is from 17 days ago. but still...)

Super old news, people found that out within a short period of launch.. and users VERY frequently run across systems other users have.

While the game has billions of planets everyone starts in the same galaxy and is given a similar objective which drives them into potentially overlapping paths.