Bukkit Plugin Ideas

Started by Tom, March 25, 2014, 01:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

So I've been interested in playing with Bukkit, and I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas for a useful bukkit plugin? Something relatively simple, but really useful.

I've had some ideas in the past, but they aren't really very good ;D One is/was an elevator mechanism using a specific combination of blocks that when activated would move you up or down based on some condition.

Just remember that a bukkit plugin is server only, so you can't add items or blocks. You can however play with in game physics, make multi-block things (portals?), and anything the server itself has direct control over.

So yeah, any ideas?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

I would still be interested in a Chat / IRC plugin, since we often MEET and CHAT in game... It would also be handy for seeing if anyone is online without going into the game.

Still more interested in an over viewer map as it lets people show off their builds without traveling... or highlights cool places you could go visit.

Mr. Analog

That would be handy...

Wow, would there be a way to integrate voice communication somehow? There has to be a mod for this somewhere. That would be the BEES KNEES

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Theres a plugin for tying mumble to minecraft using 3d positioning :o its not that useful for us though. Basically the further away you get the quieter people get.

The bukkit essentials XMPP stuff is kinda borked, or at least horribly annoying to set up (I tried). I'll see about an IRC plugin (I'd prefer to use an existing one, but I can whip one up if I have to, I've done IRC in the past).

The overviewer map WILL happen. I've just been lazy. And tired. so extremely tired.

I was thinking more about some interesting new mechanics or utilities I could muck with.

Mr. Analog

Ahh ok

I guess Google Meetups is the best option then
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wasn't there a map product that showed people online in real-time?  We had it set up on the old map for a while...  You could even IM with them from the web interface.

As for voice comms, we could just have Skype or Google Hangouts running on our gaming rigs?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

I think the idea with a built in voice thing is that it'd be easier to set up. Anyone on the server could talk to anyone else. But I don't think that's a real thing, other than the mumble plugin. and I think you still need to be running mumble.

Tom

No ideas for something I can use as an excuse to play with the Bukkit api?

Lazybones

How about stats? We all want to know how many blocks Thorin and Mr. A have mined and how much Non idle time it takes to build that huge builds or hord so many chests of blocks.

Tom

Hm, well minecraft tracks that most of that now. I think any op can mess with the built in overlay and put whatever stats in there youd like.

But if youd like something displayed in the world, that could be accomplished.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on March 26, 2014, 07:23:37 PM
Hm, well minecraft tracks that most of that now. I think any op can mess with the built in overlay and put whatever stats in there youd like.

Was thinking more of a page with graphs or top ten lists for us to oggle online in the forums.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 26, 2014, 07:32:36 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 26, 2014, 07:23:37 PM

Was thinking more of a page with graphs or top ten lists for us to oggle online in the forums.
Oh, that could be interesting. I'll think about it. maybe even a sig-gif generator? lol.

Thorin

I predict:

#1 Lenny
#2 Mr. A
#5 the rest of us
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Bullcrap Thorin. You're usually up at the top.

Mr. Analog

I'm probably at near bare minimum

I go into the Avatar State when I mine though, so who knows for sure
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

What's the Avatar State?

also, Lenny idles, I don't.

Wait, looking back I didn't specify - I was talking about time spent playing.  Blocks-wise, well, I'm a hoarder and love collecting materiel.  For instance, I'm hollowing out a chunk in the nether (16x16) from y=117 to y=52, and I can't bring myself to throw away any of the netherrack.  So now I have a chest of netherbrick blocks, plus a double-chest of netherrack.  Also, I wanted it to go faster so I'm using an Efficiency 4 Unbreaking 3 diamond pick - it's like mowing the grass rather than mining!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I could potentially get the server to tag chests with the user that placed them, and then list your entire inventory as well ;D bahaha. That would be a fun thing to scan for though.

If you want fast mining, you got EFFV and Haste 2. It's faster than creative.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on March 26, 2014, 08:34:57 PM
What's the Avatar State?

Wait, looking back I didn't specify - I was talking about time spent playing.  Blocks-wise, well, I'm a hoarder and love collecting materiel.  For instance, I'm hollowing out a chunk in the nether (16x16) from y=117 to y=52, and I can't bring myself to throw away any of the netherrack.  So now I have a chest of netherbrick blocks, plus a double-chest of netherrack.  Also, I wanted it to go faster so I'm using an Efficiency 4 Unbreaking 3 diamond pick - it's like mowing the grass rather than mining!

When I combine Water, Air, Earth and Fire, zone out, then later there are big holes in the world and buildings everywhere

:D

Quote from: Tom on March 26, 2014, 08:54:50 PM
I could potentially get the server to tag chests with the user that placed them, and then list your entire inventory as well ;D bahaha. That would be a fun thing to scan for though.

Ooh tagging chests sounds cool!

At some point I want to get a Nether Star so I can build one of those beacon things, just to see what some of the modifiers do
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 26, 2014, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: Thorin on March 26, 2014, 08:34:57 PM
What's the Avatar State?

When I combine Water, Air, Earth and Fire, zone out, then later there are big holes in the world and buildings everywhere

:D

Quote from: Tom on March 26, 2014, 08:54:50 PM

Ooh tagging chests sounds cool!

At some point I want to get a Nether Star so I can build one of those beacon things, just to see what some of the modifiers do
A full beacon is pretty expensive. you need like 140 "valuable" blocks. Iron works. but if you want to get fancy, you can go with pure gold, pure diamond, or pure emerald ;D

Mr. Analog

Yaaaaaay! I'm 1/10th of the way there
By Grabthar's Hammer