Yogscast Complete Pack Server

Started by Mr. Analog, July 16, 2014, 05:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I've set up a Yogscast Complete Server

SERVER STATUS: DOWN

This includes a TON of mods so if you're bored of normal tree punching you can now do it with some kind of powered fist.

To get started:

1. Download the AT Launcher:
http://www.atlauncher.com/pack/YogscastCompletePack/

2. Install a new Yogscast Complete Pack Instance
NOTE: Select recommended mods!!

3. Go to your instances tab and enter in the server information
[suspicious]vger.homeip.net:25565[/suspicious]

NOTE: I've set up a white list, if you want to get on the server and I haven't added you yet send me a PM

Now, I'm not sure how much of a beating my connection / system can take from this but I guess we'll see.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

There may be some difficulties, I'll post when the server goes up again :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Server going down. I'll set up my other machine as a dedicate server on the weekend.

I have to say, this is a lot of fun messing around with
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So what's different and/or better?  I clicked the link and saw that there is a ton of mods included, and I have no idea what most of them do.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Exactly its over 200 mods all come together and balanced.

Science, magic, other dimensions. New machines, plants and animals. New ways of using blocks and tools, more options for creativity. There's virtually no ceiling to hit with so many options

I thought I'd give it a try and lost myself building on a new world. It turns out setting up the server is fairly easy so I gave that a shot. I'll set up a dedicated server tomorrow
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 16, 2014, 10:33:16 PM
Exactly its over 200 mods all come together and balanced.

Science, magic, other dimensions. New machines, plants and animals. New ways of using blocks and tools, more options for creativity. There's virtually no ceiling to hit with so many options

I thought I'd give it a try and lost myself building on a new world. It turns out setting up the server is fairly easy so I gave that a shot. I'll set up a dedicated server tomorrow

Is it balanced to not contain mega redundancy? That is one thing I didn't like in the FTB pack we had setup... There where cheap and expensive ways to do the same thing and lots and lots of incompatible items... I don't mind having many paths but they should be clear and different ones.

Mr. Analog

A lot more stuff is universal like power, fluid pumping, item pipes, ores, dusts, etc. From what I've seen its rare to get stuck on something and have to build yet another machine to make slightly different ground obsidian.

There are different ways of achieving similar goals. You could build a reactor for power or use a bunch of wind turbines, wind turbines are relatively cheap to make and make a decent amount of power but with a reactor you get useful byproducts. I'm finding a lot of things trade like that.

Like I say I'll have a server up starting tomorrow if people want to check it out :-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Server is up now, let me know if you have any issues.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Man oh man! I've gotten started with a few things already.

Hand cranking ores into dust inside my little hut, a small mineshaft dug (so many ores!) Got a couple of apple trees going so i can start brewing cider (!)

I've only built a couple simple machines to get me going and a small farm with cucumbers and strawberries, but you know how these things go. I wonder how long it will take me to get an ME computer going?

I got blown up by a creeper after losing hearts to a skeleton wearing a full set of glowstone armor, I haven't made a bed yet so it was a bit of a boatride to the tiny island I've settled. I had my eye on a bigger island but there's a beached ship there full of pirates. When I get tough enough I'll go over there and pillage them for their booty (y'arr!)

Also if you see an Ender Tot, don't kill it (unless you want to fight an Angry Enderman) ye gads
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 17, 2014, 11:17:12 PM
Hand cranking ores into dust inside my little hut, a small mineshaft dug (so many ores!) Got a couple of apple trees going so i can start brewing cider (!)

Ok, sounds cool although still pretty normal for Minecraft, just with some new items (apple trees and cider).

I've only built a couple simple machines to get me going and a small farm with cucumbers and strawberries, but you know how these things go. I wonder how long it will take me to get an ME computer going?

Okay, more simple items from mods ... wait, computers?  Still, not that weird.

I got blown up by a creeper after losing hearts to a skeleton wearing a full set of glowstone armor, I haven't made a bed yet so it was a bit of a boatride to the tiny island I've settled. I had my eye on a bigger island but there's a beached ship there full of pirates. When I get tough enough I'll go over there and pillage them for their booty (y'arr!)

Glowstone Armor?  Hmm...  Wait, what PIRATE SHIPS?!?!  WTF?!?!

Also if you see an Ender Tot, don't kill it (unless you want to fight an Angry Enderman) ye gads

I think I might have to try this extremely modded Minecraft sometime soon...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah let me know if you try I want to see how heavy the dedicated server is for Fraga

Also you'll know where to find me this crappy weekend haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I will attempt to get my server setup for frag. the h/w is good to go, as is the os, but I need to play with the virt environment a bit. I have a few days to get it working after i get back ;D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Cool, well, like I said before I was looking into running things like Survival Games too, so far I'm impressed with the performance.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Had to shut down server, will be back online later

Man, all I can think of is Minecraft again, OpenBlocks and GrothCraft alone are exciting enough... finally a legit elevator! AAAAH!
By Grabthar's Hammer