Yogscast Complete Pack Server

Started by Mr. Analog, July 16, 2014, 05:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on July 18, 2014, 04:40:00 AM
I will attempt to get my server setup for frag. the h/w is good to go, as is the os, but I need to play with the virt environment a bit. I have a few days to get it working after i get back ;D

I have those drives ready for you as well Tom.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

You guys into playing a total modpack like Yogscast Complete? Or latest vanilla?

I was also thinking about springing for a 4-pack of Space Engineers for Fraga

Epic "spaaaAAAAaaace" battles?

Either way I think I'm gonna dust off my Twitch account and get that ready for Fraga, do some livestreaming shizz
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on July 18, 2014, 01:25:19 PM
Quote from: Tom on July 18, 2014, 04:40:00 AM
I will attempt to get my server setup for frag. the h/w is good to go, as is the os, but I need to play with the virt environment a bit. I have a few days to get it working after i get back ;D

I have those drives ready for you as well Tom.
Cool. Sounds good. I have to work on my sas expander enclosure (its too loud and that mobo doesn't seem to like the older lsi card that came with it).... but I'll still take em. eventually I'll get that stuff set up at home.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well I got a lot more done tonight, the server was straining a bit, not sure what to do about that, but at any rate, got a good source of power built and started to craft a bunch of stuff. I also got into sifting and actually got my brewing started. In order to do that I had to take a trip to the Nether (something I had to do anyway) but holy crap the Nether in this mod pack is DEADLY

Two steps out of the nether gate and I was standing on poison ore, two GIANT spiders were there... I managed to escape to a tunnel where I could dig, I got turned around and ended up on a ledge where a spider fell from above and knocked me off into fire, I would have made it out alive if a Wisp hadn't been there. being low level I only had basic armor and got zapped. Anyway, I was able to get back to my gravestone and get my stuff but it was close.

I *think* I have almost all the components for starting an ME computer storage system. I got lucky with a chasm at lvl 11, it has a lot of useful ores in easy view.

OH YEAH in this version of the mod if you are holding a torch near oil it lights on fire and SPREADS and the fire sticks around for a while and the fumes give you mining fatigue! Also if you dive into water with a torch it goes out :O
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've been tempted to play Agrarian Skies. but it is a total and complete bitch to 100% finish.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Oh man that would be good to set up for Fraga too!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I got the server stable over the weekend, I've been a little under the weather though so I haven't built up too much yet, I'll post some pics when I get the chance
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I'll start the server up again tonight and run it this weekend if anybody wants to give it a shot.

Let me know if you need to be added to the whitelist.
By Grabthar's Hammer