slimes on Planet Bob

Started by Thorin, March 23, 2015, 09:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Has anyone else noticed that slimes on Planet Bob are few and far between these days?  I've been trying to gather slimeballs but I never see them anymore.  I'm now trying to build an underground slime farm, but even there I'm not seeing any slimes appear.  And the slime chunk finder tools for 1.8 tell me I'm digging in the right spots...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, I have a slime chunk under my base and even that's been relatively barren when I was looking for more slimeballs for my vault door plan.

Spawn 'em in I say
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I think the spawn rates where lowered... My slime farm seemed to produce much less after the last update, but it was still working.

Thorin

I guess one of the things I'm doing wrong is that I'm not lighting up the area all around, so mob cap is probably being used up by other mobs.  Time to put in a neighbourhood street light system :)  Also, having seen how the slime farms should look, I am going to change mine.  Also also, I have to stand more than 24 blocks from where I want them to spawn, but less than 32 blocks or else they have a change of despawning randomly.  So I should make a little "stand here" hut on the surface.

Lazy, you have a slime farm on Planet Bob?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 02, 2015, 04:14:48 PM
Maybe I should just go and find slimes here: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/-529/64/-1722/-3/0/0

I logged in and checked, it looks like my slim farm is working..

XYZ: -700.547/ 6.00 / 249.944

Thorin

They're kinda creepy looking in that texture pack, but good to know there's a place to get some slimeballs.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I checked all my chests for slimeballs and I have 0

I think I used them already for SECRET THING
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Turns out I had a stack of slimeballs from before we upgraded to 1.8. I got two tiny and one large slime in 40 minutes at Lazy's slime farm, which gave me 13 slimeballs. Not exactly a lot.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 03, 2015, 10:30:05 PM
Turns out I had a stack of slimeballs from before we upgraded to 1.8. I got two tiny and one large slime in 40 minutes at Lazy's slime farm, which gave me 13 slimeballs. Not exactly a lot.

It was never a really fast farm, but since it was below my main area it did produce a fair bit.

I should have a few stacks of slime in one of the chests on the first level beneath my tower if you want to take one.