Cave Crawl II: Electric Boogaloo

Started by Mr. Analog, September 13, 2012, 03:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Well, there's this; I think it's just hypothetical: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/19551/how-far-can-i-jump

And then a guy who did an experiment FOR SCIENCE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0aLm_NkTrM

If given the right conditions and willing to fall 20 blocks, I'm betting you can jump 10 or more horizontally.  Of course, it's probably just easier to swim across.

Oh, we need to light up the little bit of dirt on the outside of the walls as it's possible for mobs to spawn there still.  And we also need to go breed the wild cows to really make the Taj Moo Hal name valid.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Outside the walls I don't really care, we should be able to deal with any spiders that make it over the edge :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I was thinking more the creepers, like the one that tried to get me.

sssssSSSS  BOOM
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on November 02, 2012, 02:52:07 PM
I was thinking more the creepers, like the one that tried to get me.

sssssSSSS  BOOM

On the outer wall? Well no one should be mucking about out there. If they do get in a pickle they can kite the creepers into the water.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Damn that scared me though when he exploded behind me.  And we both thought the same thing, OH NOES HE BLEW UP THE REDSTONE!

Oh, we also need to move those double-chests and that ender chest somewhere better.  And what are we going to do with the sleeping quarters and work building we already have built?  Leave 'em?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 03, 2012, 01:33:15 AM
Damn that scared me though when he exploded behind me.  And we both thought the same thing, OH NOES HE BLEW UP THE REDSTONE!

hmm maybe the mote should be lava instead of water.... lower the bridge and you have dead mobs.

Thorin

And possibly dead players when they fall in :)  Besides, water looks more like a regular castle.  Also, isn't it insanely late for you?  (says the one who's getting up in 5 hours to drive to Red Deer for a game)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 03, 2012, 01:37:43 AM
And possibly dead players when they fall in :)  Besides, water looks more like a regular castle.  Also, isn't it insanely late for you?  (says the one who's getting up in 5 hours to drive to Red Deer for a game)

No, I am an hour behind you and  I don't have to get up till 7 or 8.