Main Menu

build party

Started by Thorin, October 26, 2013, 03:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Well I'm putting it out to everyone who's gonna do this thing (which I assume includes you).

I have a lot of resources stockpiled, as does Thorin so we both have unlimited build potential but that may not be true for everyone so I thought it was worth asking

:-\
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ah, makes sense. I dunno really. I don't really care either way.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

The only time I've gone into creative on the server was to 1. try out a sample elevator (this thing here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1574/64/-287/max/0/0), 2. set coordinates on the tele-portals (and I switched back to use bricks and other items from my survival inventory).  The roads were all laid out from supplies that I had on hand, and the plots were outlined with slabs made from the trees I felled.

I'd rather stick to survival mode just because then we can brag about everything on this server having been built in survival mode.  And I'm happy to share whatever resources I have with whoever needs 'em for this build, up to and including a couple of diamond or emerald blocks (not just the ores, actual blocks).  I don't know how many people'll actually be online for this anyway.  So far it's just the three of us that have shown interest.  LuckyCh4rms and DrCoconut might join us as well.

Separately, I still think we need to set up a portal world and a creative world and create world portals from Usamot to the portal world and back, and from the creative world to the portal world and back.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Just consider how we are gonna move resources from a to b, or backfill resources if we need them.

If this is a timed build where everyone is going to be online at once creative would level the field
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Thorin

It's not timed, just a see-how-much-we-get-done-in-a-night, and co-operative at that.  If someone needs resources or needs them shuttled, I'll happily help out with that.  And with the /home and /back commands, it's not that hard (these are available to all players, so why not use them?).  I'll build a tele-portal in the next couple of days, too, so that it's easier to get there.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Well, I know what I'm building now

I just have to figure out how large to make some parts of it, dibs on the far back corner (it's gonna be tall-ish)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I have no idea what I'm going to build.

though I could re-do one of my better builds.. the new minecraft blocks and stair mechanics would make it look a lot better these days. I think I last built it in Beta.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Hopefully our themes somewhat mesh :P  I might just do my first skyscraper...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Hahah, well I doubt and that'll be cool :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

How are we for nether quartz?  Should one or more of us go mine a bunch before Saturday evening?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Mmm, would be nice but I think I'll stick with wood, stone and wool for my build

(and lots of torches)

EDIT: We're doin' this on Saturday right?
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Is the server down currently?  I can't connect through the MC client and the overviewer isn't working either (apparently due to main.js not being able to load resources).

Mr. Analog

I think MC login servers are down again, or sporadic. I tried earlier too, on a couple servers

Halloween stuff I guess?
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

So much for my hopes of killing time at work playing Minecraft. 

Now what am I supposed to do?