Started by Lazybones, December 01, 2021, 12:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Server is currently down for updates.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Server Version:  1.19

Server is back up, welcome to a new seed "WeDontNeedNoStinkingSeeds" and clean world.

Overworld map is "working" but does not contain any of the new 1.19 block types yet so expect gaps in any new materials on that map.

I have done basic testing, most scripts and backups appear to be working the same. I have changed how I am loading datapacks however. I am now using the SHARE code for vanilla tweaks mods, it SHOULD keep them up to date but we will see.

Please report any major issues ASAP in case of the need for the server or world to be reset for them. Otherwise it should all be good to go.

Mr. Analog

Well! I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Thanks Lazy!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I found a zombie spawner right under spawn lol. Was trying to clear out a safe area and shelter and couldn't figure out why there where so many zombies.

Guess first project is going to be a zombie farm.

Mr. Analog

Ooo that's lucky! XP farm right at spawn.

Sorry I haven't been on yet, fighting with a few things today...
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Server seems to be down. I got booted and can't reconnect. The overviwer map is also displaying old data.

edit: back the moment I posted this.

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on June 22, 2022, 11:03:33 PMServer seems to be down. I got booted and can't reconnect. The overviwer map is also displaying old data.

edit: back the moment I posted this.

Looks like it crashed and auto recovered.. Not much to go on in the logs.

Let me know if it happens again..

Lazybones

I have looked at Overviewer and did a complete reset on it last night however I think it was working correctly but just SLOW.

1. I have given Overviewer more CPU but if you find the server slows down I can back that off again, Overviewer takes much longer when we are adding new discovered chunks than it does just updating existing ones.
2. Overviewer runs once an hour at the 30 min mark. It was taking more than 1 hour to do updates and the script was overlapping. I have updated the script to announce "it is still running" if the previous run is still updating when the hour comes around.

Side note, github activity indicates someone is working on patching Overviewer with more of the 1.19 block types I will likely have to reset over viewer again when it supports more of the mangrove blocks in particular to fix the map..

Lazybones

FYI I am rebuilding the overviewer map it might be incomplete for about 5 hours.. I may need to RE run it again I am playing with some of the settings and have to do a FULL clean render after a change.

Lazybones

Overviewer now renders more 1.19 blocks including the mangrove trees and mud blocks

Also don't forget you can make sign appear on overviewer with the text --POI-- in it. Then when viewing in overviewer just make sure you have toggled on signs.

This is a good way to mark nether portals and other major points of interest on the map.

Lazybones

The Overviewer map now has a status notice in the lower right that is updated by the script.

You need to refresh the page in your browser to get the latest status.

When updates are in progress it will say : Update started [date time] running X min

When the update is complete and no update is in progress: Last Update: [date time] Runtime: X min

This should help tell you if there is something wrong with the overviewer / if the map is out of date.

If the status message is missing it should return in 1 min as overviewer overwrites the html file the script checks once a min to update it.

Lazybones

I have added an Activity heat map overlay to the North overworld render.. This adds some time to the render but it adds an interesting indicator of where players are active.

The area is fairly wide as I believe minecraft counts any chunks in your render distance.

It SHOULD be rendering a gradient of the last 10 days (default is 30) where full red is today, and no red is greater than 10 days.

This render requires a FULL render to fade off untraveled areas so I have set up the script to only do these between 1-4am PST and do normal faster deltas during the day. So ACTIVE areas should show up quickly (within about an hour base on current render times) where inactive areas should fade off daily.

Looking to see if there are any other interesting things I can tweak in over viewer.. Might try a cave render again but with how much renerated lava and light there is underground it might just reveal too much unless everyone doesn't care about that.

Mr. Analog

This is so cool, thanks for setting this up Lazy
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I haven't been able to see player's locations on the map since at least last night.

p.s.  Could the number of homes we can set be increased?  I'm already up to 9.