Fragapalooza 2016 (20 year anniversarry)

Started by Mr. Analog, April 06, 2016, 07:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 18, 2016, 11:02:01 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on July 18, 2016, 10:55:06 AM
Wikipedia used to have a Fragapalooza article but it is now gone.  I am not sure why.  But wish it was there as it was what I was editing for our attendance numbers.  Anyone know how I can find it or get it back?

It was flagged with "issues" for some time because some asshat decided it was an "advertising" article and nobody cleaned it up so my guess is either a bot deleted it or some admin with nothing better to do

They have a guide for this but -good luck- Wikipedia is full of Tin Hitlers all protecting their "turf" and aren't actually interested in information collection
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Viewing_and_restoring_deleted_pages

How did you fine out the Flagged part?  Might need that to reference to restore.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 18, 2016, 11:04:08 AM
Wikipedia used to have a Fragapalooza article but it is now gone.  I am not sure why.  But wish it was there as it was what I was editing for our attendance numbers.  Anyone know how I can find it or get it back?

It was flagged with "issues" for some time because some asshat decided it was an "advertising" article and nobody cleaned it up so my guess is either a bot deleted it or some admin with nothing better to do

They have a guide for this but -good luck- Wikipedia is full of Tin Hitlers all protecting their "turf" and aren't actually interested in information collection

How did you fine out the Flagged part?  Might need that to reference to restore.

Articles with issues have a block at the top that indicate problems, then you go to the talk page and find details

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete&page=Fragapalooza

Quote04:32, 8 December 2015 Explicit (talk | contribs) deleted page Fragapalooza (Expired PROD, concern was: Searches easily found no better in-depth third-party sources aside from a few passing mentions from local newspapers, hardly notable for an article yet.)
21:15, 27 April 2007 Seraphimblade (talk | contribs) deleted page Fragapalooza (CSD G11: Blatant Advertising)

Whoever re-creates the page needs to ensure they link to news articles, videos, etc

THIS REMINDS ME

Are webcams allowed? Are we allowed to stream live events? Are we allowed to publish those videos to the YouTube?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 18, 2016, 11:10:44 AM
THIS REMINDS ME

Are webcams allowed? Are we allowed to stream live events? Are we allowed to publish those videos to the YouTube?

Yes.

Yes.

Depends on whether in include others in your video without their permission.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 18, 2016, 11:12:32 AM
THIS REMINDS ME

Yes.

Yes.

Depends on whether in include others in your video without their permission.

Hmm okay
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Melbosa on July 18, 2016, 11:04:08 AM

Articles with issues have a block at the top that indicate problems, then you go to the talk page and find details

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete&page=Fragapalooza

Quote04:32, 8 December 2015 Explicit (talk | contribs) deleted page Fragapalooza (Expired PROD, concern was: Searches easily found no better in-depth third-party sources aside from a few passing mentions from local newspapers, hardly notable for an article yet.)
21:15, 27 April 2007 Seraphimblade (talk | contribs) deleted page Fragapalooza (CSD G11: Blatant Advertising)

Whoever re-creates the page needs to ensure they link to news articles, videos, etc
Got it restored!

Mr. Analog

Great! Now get someone to take that advertisement note out for review and/or update the article so that it matches something like PAX
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Dang! I booked my room already, I wonder if they can retroactively apply the rate

I got a suite again MR. ANALOG BIG SHOT MD
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

If you can't I'm sure you can cancel and just get a new room.

Thorin

$110 a night is a good deal.  Over the winter we usually get a "team discounted rate" of $150 - $160 per room, when we go places for sports.

Also, I fixed the spelling of "anniversary" in the title...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

My rate was better than that actually. :o

I got the "over two nights" and "Thursday" discounts, was a total of $305.17 including fees and taxes. Or $279.97 before fees/taxes.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Mr. Analog

The restaurant that's on the 2nd floor renovated last year, I wonder what it's like now

Getting excited!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer