No Man's Sky

Started by Mr. Analog, August 12, 2016, 08:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Now you can tear ass around the barren planets with a monster truck:
https://youtu.be/ZDNtbosTCvo
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

But is there anything interesting to do other than going from trading terminal to trading terminal?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 08, 2017, 02:51:39 PM
But is there anything interesting to do other than going from trading terminal to trading terminal?

There's base building and now other players can visit / interact with things you build. You can also leave messages for others via terminals.

Heavily damaged ships now crash on nearby planets and apparently survival mode has been given a few tweaks

Still no multiplayer yet so it's not at Minecraft beta level yet ;-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/08/no-mans-sky-path-finder-update/

Apparently, there's multiple land vehicles. You can have multiple ships which can have specialties, and a freighter ship.

I think I'll be playing a bit again.

Heard about a race mode for the vehicles too. Not sure that's a thing.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Tom

I never did get back into playing it, but I still want to... though last time I tried i wasn't too happy, but probably just because i was using my old save and they made the game a bit harder wrt. enemies attacking you all over space.

Lazybones

Ya I am not all that interested but it is interesting that they are still working on it.

Mr. Analog

It would have been easy to walk away from failure that's for sure, but they stuck with it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I think it's their baby, and truly believe in it. Sony's failure be damned.

I like it. And I really do want to try it again, I had a decent amount of entertainment from it before, and now it should be even better :D this time I'll try not to skip the big funky orb thing. makes it hard to get back onto "the path" or whatever they call it.

Melbosa

NEXT is now live on all platforms.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

I played 6-8+ hours yesterday. Here's some thoughts:

+ I'm liking the portable refinery.
- Not super fond of having to use found navigation data to feed to the portable signal booster in order to find more buildings. but its ok.
+ Theres a module for your ship to support long distance transfers! WIN! it's a bit expensive. Semi early game, since you need a piece of anti-mater to make the thing. So it's not something you'll be able to do right away.
+ If you bought a certain package early, you get a nice ship upgrade immediately (redeem whatchamacallits). Though the only thing that changed was that it came with a intersteller drive with some fuel.
+ The initial tutorial is actually quite good.
- The controls still suck donkey butt.
- Inventory management is also a pain in the rear. Still very limited on storage space.

I'm still enjoying it, though I'm not finding a lot of great stuff yet. I think they scaled the ramp a bit since the original release. So its a bit more gradual? I even checked a couple planets in a couple systems for buildings and signals and it stopped giving me new options, so it was basically completely drained of useful stuff... I remember there used to be a crap load of stuff on your starter planets and near by.

I may be playing a bit more today. If anyone feels like playing together with the multiplayer support, let me know :)

Mr. Analog

I want to give it another go, maybe at Fraga
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I've been playing many hours of it... I really like the changes and the story really pushes you through the tech now.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

I'm playing today :D going to chill with getting my base set up properly, and doing some things to optimize my unit earning potential. Chillin really.

If anyone wants to hang let me know :D

Tom

New update just hit. And it's pretty awesome.

You can now upgrade and customize your ships. No more having to hunt for the perfect ship, just spend tons of units and probably nanites on expanding storage and it's level. So now if you like a certain design but its not an S class, you can actually just upgrade it! My Lord. I want to keep my special pre-order ship. It's my baby lol. Now I can S class and max storage that sucker!

Also you can have more than one multi tool now! So one can be specialized to mining, one to fighting etc!

The global storage cubes were more than tripled in space.

Can scrap ships for Units!

And other things!

https://www.nomanssky.com/synthesis-update/

I think I'm going to play a bit again soon.