Tapatalk plugin temporarily unavailable

Started by Lazybones, February 11, 2022, 12:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

The Tapatalk plugin has currently been removed.. I need to complete a full forum upgrade before I can re-install it.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on February 11, 2022, 12:00:48 AMThe Tapatalk plugin has currently been removed.. I need to complete a full forum upgrade before I can re-install it.

I was wondering what was up. It's also been really slow lately but I blame the app for that
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Not just slow but it often just wouldn't load posts for me, and it thinks new replies are full new posts. Its strange. It was just so odd I didn't bother to use it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on February 12, 2022, 07:27:25 AMNot just slow but it often just wouldn't load posts for me, and it thinks new replies are full new posts. Its strange. It was just so odd I didn't bother to use it.

I ised it mainly for the push notifications
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

They released an update that was not compatible with our version of the forum which was an RC so we got a few versions behind.

As of yesterday we are officially on the 2.1.1 release version of SMF 2.1 (years of RCs lol), however I can't re-install the TapATalk plugin because it contains incompatible items.

I have a support post in over on their forums. Fingers crossed that now that SMF 2.1 is out of RC that TapATalk will fix up their plugin.

Technically I could HACK the plugin and fix the two lines of incompatible code that prevents the plugin from installing but I don't want to cause future problems now that we have a CLEAN upgrade to 2.1.X.

Mr. Analog

Thanks for doing this Lazy

That said I can't log into the forum on my browser. It gives me an "invalid token" error
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 12, 2022, 12:34:29 PMThanks for doing this Lazy

That said I can't log into the forum on my browser. It gives me an "invalid token" error

Maybe start a separate thread but also try clearing your cookies for this forum. As it has been upgraded maybe you have a very old version of the login cookie with the forever flag set.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on February 12, 2022, 01:35:00 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 12, 2022, 12:34:29 PMThanks for doing this Lazy

Maybe start a separate thread but also try clearing your cookies for this forum. As it has been upgraded maybe you have a very old version of the login cookie with the forever flag set.

I'll give that a whirl
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer