Remove Tap A Talk?

Started by Lazybones, December 18, 2022, 02:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you OK with Tap A Talk being removed?

Yes
2 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Don't care
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: December 25, 2022, 02:31:07 PM

Lazybones

Tap a Talk has been a roller coaster of a plugin / app to support.. While providing better mobile experience early on it has been hard to keep updated with nearly every release being broken in some way on the Server plugin side.

I would like to fully remove it from the forum.

I hear notifications are a prime reason for some wanting it still, and the new more responsive skin addresses the layout issues mostly on mobile.

I would for one prefer to look at NEW clean plugins for SMF 2.1 and remove Tap-A-Talk completely.

Thorin

I'm fine with it being removed.  Anything that we used to use notifications for, like planning get-togethers, we can just do in other tools now.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on December 18, 2022, 04:26:53 PMI'm fine with it being removed.  Anything that we used to use notifications for, like planning get-togethers, we can just do in other tools now.

Email notifications can be customized in your user settings, I seem to be receiving them like all other forums. There are some notification plugins but none are for services I use.. Telegram is one of them.

Lazybones

I should note that some apps / services like https://pushover.net/ let you generate an email for notifications and let you push them to the pushover app on multiple devices.

Mr. Analog

Yeah losing notifications is not the greatest but if it's a pain in the ass to maintain get rid of it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

OK I am going to remove tap-a-talk

Mr. Analog

Farewell glitchy as hell friend!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I haven't fully deleted it but have uninstalled the plugin.

Will do some cleanup later