Games of March

Started by Melbosa, March 01, 2005, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

For a full release of all console/PC games, go here: http://archive.gamespy.com/gamereleases/march05/

But particular are these that I am waiting to check out for XBox:

Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Spikeout: Battle Street
MX vs. ATV Unleashed
WWE WrestleMania 21
LEGO Star Wars

EDIT:

Going to add the following games to my list :D:
FFvs3R (PC)
Stolen (PS2/XBox/PC)
Obscure (PS2/XBox/PC)
God of War (PS2)
Spy vs Spy (PS2)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

I looking forward to:

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich

...both PC, but Xbox wise its looking pretty empty.  *waiting for ESPN NFL 2006*

EDIT: Obscure comes to North America this month.  EXCELLENT game.  I highly recommend it. (Xbox)

Mr. Analog

Other PS2 games of interest:

NARC
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
Sega Classics Collection
Full Spectrum Warrior
Dynasty Warriors 5

PC:

Matrix Online
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Shayne"*waiting for ESPN NFL 2006*

EDIT: Obscure comes to North America this month.  EXCELLENT game.  I highly recommend it. (Xbox)
ESPN NFL 2006 will be an EA game if there will be any as far as I know (ESPN sold the rights to the name to EA last year).  So there might not even be a game, if EA feels that Madden is all they need.

Never heard of Obscure, might have to check it out.

Shayne

Quote from: "Melbosa"ESPN NFL 2006 will be an EA game if there will be any as far as I know (ESPN sold the rights to the name to EA last year).  So there might not even be a game, if EA feels that Madden is all they need.

Never heard of Obscure, might have to check it out.
Actually.  EA has the exclusive rights to the NFL for like 10 years.  EA and ESPN (the cable channel) teamed up for like a 15 year deal.  Madden's contract was up after the 2005 game.  So the next game will be "EA Sports ESPN NFL 2005" .. as far as i can tell.  Which woudl seriously kick ass, as EA was the better game, but ESPN was the better presented game.  (not to sound like i know it all, but NFL is my passion :))

Next year Take Two has exclusive 3rd party rights to MLB.

Could be an interesting future in sports video games.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Other PS2 games of interest:

NARC
Sega Classics Collection
Full Spectrum Warrior
Dynasty Warriors 5

PC:

Matrix Online
To me, MxO is not exactly a "looking forward to release" type of release.

I was in on the beta stress test, and it left me quite unimpressed.

Wow, I keep rhyming, must be good timing. Hello, Neo. Goodbye, sweetie pie.  :wacko:

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Melbosa"Never heard of Obscure, might have to check it out.
Nothing on Mobygames or IMDB yet, but found these 2 links:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/obscure/index.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/919674.asp

( Screenshots )

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Quote from: "Melbosa"Never heard of Obscure, might have to check it out.
Nothing on Mobygames or IMDB yet
I downloaded the PAL version about a year ago.  Its sorta Resident Evil like, but the game plays more as a horror film.  A group of friends, an old school, an evil presence.

One of the better games i played through.  8.5/10

Melbosa

Quote from: "Shayne"Actually.  EA has the exclusive rights to the NFL for like 10 years.  EA and ESPN (the cable channel) teamed up for like a 15 year deal.  Madden's contract was up after the 2005 game.  So the next game will be "EA Sports ESPN NFL 2005" .. as far as i can tell.  Which woudl seriously kick ass, as EA was the better game, but ESPN was the better presented game.  (not to sound like i know it all, but NFL is my passion :))
Cool, I didn't know Madden's contact was up this year (or is that last year, can never remember how those work with the year'd off game titles).

Unfortunately for me, I really was impressed with ESPN NFL and NHL (considered them way superior to the EA games of 2004), and hate to see Sega loose the license.  But this is a debate that has gone on here already, so no need to restart it.  Just am sad to see the license leave Sega.  Hopefully Sega puts out the sports games under a different license, maybe Fox or TSN, etc.

Anyway thx for the info.

Melbosa

Quote from: "Melbosa"Unfortunately for me, I really was impressed with ESPN NFL and NHL (considered them way superior to the EA games of 2004), and hate to see Sega loose the license.  But this is a debate that has gone on here already, so no need to restart it.  Just am sad to see the license leave Sega.  Hopefully Sega puts out the sports games under a different license, maybe Fox or TSN, etc.

Anyway thx for the info.
Or just had a *ding*

Would be sweet as hell if Sega teamed up with CBC and put out CFL Football and NHL Hockey Night in Canada.  That would be the kiss A$$!

Ustauk

Quote from: "Melbosa"
Quote from: "Melbosa"Unfortunately for me, I really was impressed with ESPN NFL and NHL (considered them way superior to the EA games of 2004), and hate to see Sega loose the license.  But this is a debate that has gone on here already, so no need to restart it.  Just am sad to see the license leave Sega.  Hopefully Sega puts out the sports games under a different license, maybe Fox or TSN, etc.

Anyway thx for the info.
Or just had a *ding*

Would be sweet as hell if Sega teamed up with CBC and put out CFL Football and NHL Hockey Night in Canada.  That would be the kiss A$$!
http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.ph...rporate_contact
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/contact/
If you here back from either, please let us know :)

Shayne

A CFL game would have a very small target audience.  Their best bet would be to combine a few different leagues.  Maybe NFL Europe, AFL, CFL...

For your Sega fix, i imagine a college football game might still work (not sure about NCAA licences)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Other PS2 games of interest:

NARC
Sega Classics Collection
Full Spectrum Warrior
Dynasty Warriors 5

PC:

Matrix Online
To me, MxO is not exactly a "looking forward to release" type of release.

I was in on the beta stress test, and it left me quite unimpressed.

Wow, I keep rhyming, must be good timing. Hello, Neo. Goodbye, sweetie pie.  :wacko:
Fair enough...

Anybody want a peanut?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Stop it now, I mean it!
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Anybody want a peanut?

One heck of a movie ;)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Thorin"Stop it now, I mean it!
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Anybody want a peanut?

One heck of a movie ;)
You're only saying that because no one else has!
By Grabthar's Hammer