Anyone up for a board game night?

Started by Thorin, August 25, 2006, 03:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Talking about Settlers of Catan and Axis & Allies makes me want to play them.  I'm also interested in playing a game called Descent (sorta like a D&D board game), and playing a tactical mecha game called BattleTech.  Is anyone interested in any of these?  If so, when would be a good night?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Ustauk

Quote from: Lazybones on August 25, 2006, 03:32:30 PM
What, Heroscape doesn't count :(
Heroscape has its own sub-forum, I think it gets enough advertising around here :)

Thorin

Like Ust said, Heroscape is already well-covered.  Also, I don't want to get into it because I'll get addicted like *that*.  And I can't afford any more addictions at this time.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

TheDruid

No one really needs to afford anything to play Heroscape, i've been collecting all the stuff myself and have enough for like 12 ppl to play at once  :)

In fact i've been buying everyones master sets from them  :D
I only drink the blood of my enemies, and on occasion a strawberry smoothie.

Mr. Analog

Next time I think I will play, if I'm allowed that is :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

TheDruid

Anyways, it was a casual playing of risk 2025 which got me hooked back into board games about two years ago. I then purchased the expensive CivIV game which was alright to play. This did lead me into Heroscape which has obviously taken over.

Long story short, i wouldn?t mind jumping into a casual night of play, however im afraid anything on a regular schedule is just not doable for me.

Heroscape will continue to be my main focus when i have the time to play.
I only drink the blood of my enemies, and on occasion a strawberry smoothie.

Thorin

Quote from: TheDruid on August 25, 2006, 11:52:17 PM
Long story short, i wouldn?t mind jumping into a casual night of play, however im afraid anything on a regular schedule is just not doable for me.

And that's the difference between being in school versus having a full-time job and a wife...  I think most of us suffer from the same problem, though.  We can't dedicate a whole night every week to getting together for board games.  Which ties back into the original thread that started this whole discussion, wherein we discussed why they would bother putting board games into Xbox Live.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Ustauk

I'd be up for a game, once in a blue moon.