Where are Wii

Started by Lazybones, November 20, 2006, 08:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Just thought I would start a thread for Wii spotting's. There should be regular shipments of these units as there are no production problems.  If anyone sees some available let me know, I still want to pick one up ASAP.

I will post here if I track any down as well.

Wii where a little disappointed not to get one on the weekend. Every store we talked to earlier in the week figured they would last a few hours, not sell out at opening.

Ustauk

From a post on edm.forsale yesterday
Quote from: edm.forsale
there was some on the shelf in the west end toys r us earlier today...

Probably gone now, since Mr. Analog posted in the other thread that North America is sold out.

Lazybones

Quote from: Ustauk on November 20, 2006, 09:41:15 AM
From a post on edm.forsale yesterday
Quote from: edm.forsale
there was some on the shelf in the west end toys r us earlier today...

Probably gone now, since Mr. Analog posted in the other thread that North America is sold out.

I would guess anything spotted on the weekend is gone now. However I would like to know if anyone sees a store get restocked.

Darren Dirt

Good idea for a thread.

But especially "thank you" ::) for the thread *title* -- now I've got a particular anthem from ever-youthful party rocker puts-on-a-HELL-of-a-live-show Kim Mitchell stuck in my head... :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

It appears more Wii  have landed at the Clareview Futureshop tonight. They couldn't sell me one though because they had not yet been put into the inventory system. I would assume other Futureshops would be the same, so there might be a lot more Wii available tomorrow!!!!!

Thorin

That's good news, and rather surprising to me...  They're really able to get new product that quickly?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

http://digitalbattle.com/2006/11/20/1-million-wiis-by-early-december/

There will be piles of them in the next two months.. I feel sorry for those that actually payed double for the eBay ones.
QuoteThat ambitious Reggie Fils-Aime, the American president of Nintendo, has set a very high goal for the Wii. He has revealed that he expects to land 1 million Wii?s in the hands of North American consumers in the upcoming 2-3 weeks. He goes on to say that they hope to sell another million by the second week of January.

Tonnica

Sweet deal! Looks like the availability will be the way I was expecting it to be pre-Christmas.

Mr. Analog

Wii -> GET

Got mine, Futureshop Claireview is down to 12 now.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I so wish I had the money for it now. Well, technically I do, but its "reserved".
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Shayne

So, you don't have one Tom?

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 21, 2006, 12:14:24 PM
Wii -> GET

Good on you, bud. What Wii games did you get with it? And how many NGC games do you have in your collection to try out the "backward compatibility"? If you need me to drop by with my "stash" let me know ;D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 21, 2006, 12:25:09 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 21, 2006, 12:14:24 PM
Wii -> GET

Good on you, bud. What Wii games did you get with it? And how many NGC games do you have in your collection to try out the "backward compatibility"? If you need me to drop by with my "stash" let me know ;D

I just got Wii Sports, but there are a bunch I want to rent. I have a lot of NGC games, however they are MIA (Goddam Commies hiding my games in my own house [I hope])
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

When you pick up Zelda you should give me a ring, I really gotta see that.  With it currently being #2 "best game ever" (even with my beloved Gamespot giving it a lower then average rating) I might just end up getting a Wii after Xmas.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 21, 2006, 12:30:42 PM
I just got Wii Sports, but there are a bunch I want to rent. I have a lot of NGC games, however they are MIA (Goddam Commies hiding my games in my own house [I hope])
Yeah, I figure you'll get really good at the 'Sports since it comes with it, and that way you can kill all our asses when we first come over to "test our NGC collection on the Wii"...

And Zelda, wow the demo videos I have seen, I don't care if it is rated "T for Teen", I am totally getting that for my son's birthday (February 1st) and will gladly help him solve any of the trickier puzzles... Yeah, that's it...

PS: So many people scrambling to get a Wii to play, to share with their friends and kids, or even to re-sell.

And yet, many of you are familiar with these guys (or the concept -- probably some copycat sites by now).

It didn't take them long... Smashy, smashy!