Wii needs component cables

Started by Shayne, November 23, 2006, 10:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Great comparison by Gamespot showing the differences between the "in-the-box" composite vs. component

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162297/p-2.html

Darren Dirt

Well, great, I'm happy that there's barely any improvement so I'll stay with cheap. ;)

PS: ^ the above is part of a series of pages, offering a "Wii Hands-On" look.

re. the packaging: "You would have to coat the package with buttercream frosting to make the Wii box more accessible and nonthreatening to nongamers. " ;D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

Might be low, but its damn apparent especially those of us with HDTVs where such an improvement will be much more noticeable.

Darren Dirt

Sorry, to be clear, I do not have any fancy schmancy HDTV. Obviously the difference is gonna be huge in that case. :)

Overall, we are very impressed with how well the entire Wii system works. When you think about the wireless remotes, the Wii Channels, the Virtual Console system, and the Message Board--there's a lot that could have gone wrong, but Nintendo was able to deliver a complete system on day one. A couple features such as the News and Forecast channels, as well as the Wii Ware items, are still missing, and the online friends system runs a bit slow, but everything else in the system works perfectly.
^ been hearing that kind of summary a lot...

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 23, 2006, 02:56:09 PM
Well, great, I'm happy that there's barely any improvement so I'll stay with cheap. ;)

PS: ^ the above is part of a series of pages, offering a "Wii Hands-On" look.

re. the packaging: "You would have to coat the package with buttercream frosting to make the Wii box more accessible and nonthreatening to nongamers. " ;D

The box? You mean that thing you throw away when you're finsihed opening it? It could have been in a crate and I wouldn't have cared.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

^ but you're a gamer ;)

Some people do, indeed, feel more or less persuaded based on packaging. So a non-gaming couple might be more willing to buy a gaming console that is boxed up in an iPod-esque style. Or so some theorize...

Mmm... buttercream...

Tom

Anyone think it'll be worth it to get a component to "RGB + HSync + VSync" coaxial converter to play on my 21" monitor? (yes this monitor is somewhat old.. almost 7 years). I'm thinking the conversion may negate any benefit the higher quality the component singals may offer.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!