Wii Opera Software Dated: December 23rd

Started by Lazybones, December 12, 2006, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.gamesoul.com/news/wii-opera-software-dated-december-23rd

QuoteWhen you got shut out of hacking the Wii Shop Channel to be the browser it is underneath it (with alternate DNS lines), did you feel bad? Who cares now that the Wii Opera Web Browser is coming out in less than two weeks?

Nintendo?s Sweden Website announced that the Opera Web Browser (Channel) for the Wii will be available soon for download on the Wii Shop Channel.

The *Channel* will be free of charge (money or Wii Points) until June 2007.

Please Note: we are not sure if this is valid only for Europe, it could have be made for Sweden only. Let?s hope :)
The Forecast Channel is going to pop out December 20th, the News Channel comes out January 27th.

Shayne

Can't wait for some 640x480 web browsing!  (though I am jealous, as I want a browser on my 360, just not in 640x480)

Mr. Analog

I don't see much point to putting a browser aboard any game console that does not also have a keyboard.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on December 12, 2006, 11:50:41 AM
Does the Wii have T9?

yes, I have already tested it with the built in message board function. it is fairly quick to type with the remote actually.

Lazybones

The browser will be Opera, which uses the same core rendering engine in all versions, and also has one of the best fit to screen modes in its mobile versions. It is also supposed to be able to play flash. So that could be entertaining to show others that latest YouTube or Google Video you saw the other day, full screen on your TV from the ultra cheap wii instead of a media center PC.

Shayne

Yup, like I say, I would love to see one on the 360, and with the PS3 and Wii both sporting a browser I think its only a matter of time before it gets one.  T9 is also something that 360 needs to have added, sending messages to my friends list is painful when having to find and select each letter.

Shayne

Quick addition, the 360 already supports flash as Hexic that comes on the 360 is a flash game.