Your gaming "zone"?

Started by Melbosa, October 24, 2007, 01:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So where do you do most of your gaming?

Until recently was a split between my living room and my PC desk in the basement.  Now with the new PC having HDMI out, and being an overpowered pig of a rig, all of my gamining is done infront of that glorious 50" of HD TV.  Ahhh the joys of single life :P
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Most of my video gaming is done from my computer desk. I haven't really been big on console games for a while now so I spend most of it behind my 22" LCD, I have a picture of my gaming / art zone I can upload later...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 24, 2007, 01:17:45 PM
I have a picture of my gaming / art zone I can upload later...

Yeah with my home in the middle of renos... don't want to show pics to anyone yet :P  Kind of a disaster area at the moment.

Thorin

Wii hooked up to a big ol' 52" 4:3 aspect ratio CRT rear-projection TV, in the living room.  We have our old GameCube hooked up to our old 27" 4:3 aspect ratio CRT TV in the basement.

If I were to start seriously gaming, I'd get a high-power computer set up in my living room next to the TV.  Our living room's pretty big and it's one of my favourite rooms in the house, I think.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on October 24, 2007, 01:20:02 PM
Yeah with my home in the middle of renos... don't want to show pics to anyone yet :P  Kind of a disaster area at the moment.

??? ok
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 24, 2007, 01:23:39 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on October 24, 2007, 01:20:02 PM

??? ok

I don't have any prior to renos to share is what I mean, so will be taking after renos and can upload the gaming "zone" then.

Bixby

Gaming:
HeroScape is played in our HeroScape room. (Yes we have a room for that).
Poker is played in our Poker room. (Yes we have a room for that too).
Axis & Allies Miniatures are played in the Dining room.
Various Other Board Games are played in Living Room, Family Room, or Dining Room.
Battle for Middle Earth II is played in the office on a PC.
All other Video Games are played in Living Room on XBOX360 and a 37" Tube TV.

Shayne

I fear that I will be "zoneless" to some extent come February when my new house is finished being built.  The living room floor plan just doesn't offer the type of space and seating position to be really entertainment rich, for this reason I plan to expedite the finishing of my basement into a entertainment/movie/gaming area.  Hopefully start on that early fall next year.

Perhaps between then and then I will just dual role one of my 24" LCDs and use it as a gaming TV too.  Dunno.  Sorta bummed about the whole thing.

As for me, I have a beast of a gaming computer I just don't have the desire to sit in front of the same computer and sit in the same office chair that I spent the previous 9 hours sitting in.  Games on PC find themselves on 360 soon enough in the end.

Melbosa

Quote from: Bixby on October 24, 2007, 01:33:17 PM
Gaming:
Various Other Board Games are played in Living Room, Family Room, or Dining Room.

So what are gaming with the most? ???

Thorin

Heh, I just assumed you were asking about video gaming :P

RPGs (D&D, D20 Modern) are done in the basement around a low 4' x 6' table with a lip and comfortable (I hope) couches and chairs.

Board games are set up in the basement on same table, or sometimes on the floor in the basement or the living room.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on October 24, 2007, 01:25:51 PMI don't have any prior to renos to share is what I mean, so will be taking after renos and can upload the gaming "zone" then.
We were talking about gaming zones then out of the blue reno news, hence my confusion. I think it's great you're doing reno on your place, but it was sort of out of context.

Anyway! Back on topic!

Do your renovation plans incorporate a gaming zone? If they do, that's pretty cool!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 24, 2007, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on October 24, 2007, 01:25:51 PMI don't have any prior to renos to share is what I mean, so will be taking after renos and can upload the gaming "zone" then.
We were talking about gaming zones then out of the blue reno news, hence my confusion. I think it's great you're doing reno on your place, but it was sort of out of context.

hehe I quoted your statement to explain mine in my original reply: http://forums.righteouswrath.com/index.php/topic,5728.msg36262.html#msg36262

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 24, 2007, 02:12:11 PM
Do your renovation plans incorporate a gaming zone? If they do, that's pretty cool!
Yeah, there will be updates to the living room to incorporate ease and usage adoptions.  Minor improvements but improvements none the less.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on October 24, 2007, 02:18:49 PM
hehe I quoted your statement to explain mine in my original reply: http://forums.righteouswrath.com/index.php/topic,5728.msg36262.html#msg36262

ARRGH! It doesn't require explaining. Next time just edit your post or something.

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

LOL isn't communication wonderful!

Bixby

Quote from: Melbosa on October 24, 2007, 01:38:23 PM
Quote from: Bixby on October 24, 2007, 01:33:17 PM
Gaming:
So what are gaming with the most? ???
Face to face games are taking high precedence over video games. The two top time consuming games are HeroScape and Poker.