Poker night at Dirtman's Thursday 15Nov2007 (reduced stakes)

Started by Darren Dirt, October 29, 2007, 08:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 30, 2007, 04:27:04 PM
$100 or even $50 is too rich for me, given that I spend $10 on driving and parking so I can go home late and I only get $20 a week to spend on myself (stupid inflation eating into my spending money).

I'll split gas money!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 30, 2007, 04:28:55 PM
Works for me man!

Does it still work for you, man?

i.e. is Thursday this week a probability for anyone? You've got like 48 hours notice here ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

I'd love to, but I can't spend that kind of money on one night of entertainment (unless it was a date ;D)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 29, 2007, 08:44:20 AM
Hey folks, announcement/invitation time -- Thursday night November 1st, starting at 6:00pm until probably 10 or 11, depending on who's okay with being a bit tired on Friday.

$0.05/$0.10 Dealer's Choice, with Kill*, minimum buyin $2.50 (although $5.00 recommended)
^ UPDATED: to make it "affordable" as a night of fun.

...For fun we also might have a "Holdem/Omaha high hand of the night" pool, say $5 donated from each who wants to participate. (qualifying hand would exclude Royal Holdem, of course)

Original Post updated.

Tom

Might do this, but I can't guarantee I'll be there. I've been a little "off" lately, so I dunno.

Thorin

Thursday's out for me, the funeral service for my dad is that day.

"Minimum buy-in" - does that mean that's how much to bring to play the whole night?  $5 for a night of entertainment (+$10 parking/gas + $10 food) is a lot more doable than $50 or $100.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Okay based on the responses, and especially considering Thorin's situation (sorry to hear, man :( ) let's make it next Thursday, 6pm arrival "goal" with 6:30 likely start time, and since it's a cash game (not a tourney) there's no problem if you can't make it until a little later than that. Probably will go until 10 or 10:30 at the latest.

Also, yes Thorin, the "buyin" is basically all you'll need to bring to the "table" in order to have a sufficient enough stack to not bust out within 10 minutes. Not including a "high hand of the night" contribution if you are interested in that. And you can always rebuy more afterwards if your stack shrinks...

After we play a few sessions at $0.05/$0.10 stakes (actually, double that, see below), perhaps we'll have a better idea if that's enough to keep it interesting and FUN without unnecessarily excluding those with thinner wallets (or maybe we will boost it to $0.10/0.20 stakes)... (check most recent post for updated stakes info: due to SB being half of BB, minimum stakes will be $0.10/$0.20 i.e. SB=nickel and BB=dime, BigBet in later rounds is 2xBB, i.e. $0.20)

But for now, bringing $5.00-$10.00 should be plenty sufficient to partake without any disadvantage (since it is Limit after all).

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That would be Thursday November 15th?  I cannot commit at this time; CowGirl's birthday is Friday November 16th and we're trying to plan D&D for Saturday November 17th.  Put me down as interested but not yet committed to coming.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Hmm, From the games I played on my DS, I disliked limit. You couldn't go all in or something iirc.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on November 06, 2007, 12:22:09 PM
Hmm, From the games I played on my DS, I disliked limit. You couldn't go all in or something iirc.

All or nothing in a friendly game is pointless at best you knock someone else out at worst you knock yourself out.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I found it rather boring and monotonous without it. Maybe that's just me...

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on November 06, 2007, 12:52:16 PM
I found it rather boring and monotonous without it. Maybe that's just me...

Well, I'll go all in with three of a kind or something on you next game ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer