Wii Hacked, full Wii mode hardware access

Started by Lazybones, December 28, 2007, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H5YB1Mmx7E4

Should be interesting, good thing Nintendo turns a profit on the hardware.

Thorin

That's quite the technical explanation he gave there...  And he needs to take a Business Communications course to teach him how to present properly :P  But hey, if you're good at figuring out chips you don't have to be good at presenting...

Best quote

That's what happens if you don't encrypt your memory
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

If I can play ROMs off a SD card I will @%&# a brick.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

specially since I got a 2G SD card from MemEx today. $15 each. Got one for my dad as well.

By the way, that's a long bus ride. Bus transfers: 1 ->4 (well, the 1 turns into the 4) -> 6 -> 304, from my dad's place, and likely, 184/302 -> LRT -> 9/others -> 304 from my place.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

ROFL I just this weekend hung out with my brother in law (my room mate a few years back) and he was telling me that he got a Wii recently and a friend of a friend did some trickery to help him "upgrade" it to the hackable one... he's waiting right now for it to get back to him but he told me he got like a few dozen games for $4 each, some other stuff on there too... Apparently the current mod requires "31 wires" or something, hence his wait... Question is should I wait until the "hackable" Canadian ones are easily findable? ;)

Quote from: Tom on December 28, 2007, 11:57:11 PM
specially since I got a 2G SD card from MemEx today. $15 each. Got one for my dad as well.

By the way, that's a long bus ride. Bus transfers: 1 ->4 (well, the 1 turns into the 4) -> 6 -> 304, from my dad's place, and likely, 184/302 -> LRT -> 9/others -> 304 from my place.

Ouch! I am so glad I am one block away from a 304 stop ;D I went there and got myself a second LCD monitor and a decent new video card during boxing week, been too busy/tired to plug and play yet...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

None of the current Wii mode chips let you run any sort of Wii home brew apps, they do however let you play backups of both Wii and Gamecube titles.