Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

LennyLen

I found the mother of all clay deposits while I was doing some exploring tonight.  It produced all this:

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on July 08, 2022, 02:18:14 AMI found the mother of all clay deposits while I was doing some exploring tonight.  It produced all this:

Holy moly!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Jeebus, 410 blocks of clay?  Where did you find _that_?  I've been digging out clay 10-15 blocks per deposit...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on July 08, 2022, 05:07:29 PMJeebus, 410 blocks of clay?  Where did you find _that_?  I've been digging out clay 10-15 blocks per deposit...

I found a small lush cave.  The floor was 2-3 layers of clay.

LennyLen

Anyone else had one of these little guys escape from the spawner?

Lazybones

I am guessing that is a baby zombie, the half block gap should be preventing them from getting through but maybe they got pushed through the wall?

I can possibly redesign but ones we can access the nether fortress I can probably build a much better blaze XP farm or if we open the end an enderman XP farm

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on July 08, 2022, 11:34:00 PMI am guessing that is a baby zombie, the half block gap should be preventing them from getting through but maybe they got pushed through the wall?

It was hitting them with my sword that pushed them back through the wall.

LennyLen

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 11, 2022, 03:45:41 AMLove your build!

Thanks. 

My original idea (before the world had been created) was for a castle, hence the footprint of the building.  But then I saw the sandy area near where the plains met the forest and decided to incorporate glass into the build. So I gave up on the idea of a castle and decide to go with a more office-building style build. I liked the castle with four towers shape though, so stuck with that.  The red glass sections occurred to me when I looked down one night at my computer case, which is black with glass that looks red due to all the interior lighting.

Lazybones

Nice fortress Lenny.

I also see a light house has sprung up on one of the little rocky islands. Mr A was that yours?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 13, 2022, 01:56:25 AMNice fortress Lenny.

I also see a light house has sprung up on one of the little rocky islands. Mr A was that yours?

Not me! Though I have built them in the past
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on July 13, 2022, 01:56:25 AMNice fortress Lenny.

That was me.

I was curious how long it would take someone to notice it.  You posted that at 8pm Wednesday night my time, and I spent from about 7-9pm on Tuesday night building it, so less than 24 hours. The overviewer is a mixed blessing.

LennyLen

I've been building mob farms near my base.

I'd been wanting to give the design for the bigger one a try since the last world, but didn't have enough string to produce all the scaffolding until about the time we were thinking about updating.  This time around I decided against hunting spiders for string and instead built the smaller mob farm and left it running overnight, which produced enough string to make enough scaffolding for six platforms.  So I built those, and left that farm running for a couple of hours which produced enough string for another 10 platforms.

The complete farm produces (based on a 15 minute time-trial) about 9,500 items per hour.  Collection space is a little limited at the moment, with only 2 single chests being used to store the drops.  After 30 minutes, they've already filled up and items are being lost.  I plan to double the collection area some time tomorrow.

I've left the first farm there, but the spawning pads have been lit up so it no longer functions.

If anyone wants access to the farm, but can't be bothered making the trip, just hit me up in game and I can teleport there and you can teleport to me.