Google broke Chrome

Started by Darren Dirt, May 16, 2012, 12:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

imo.

Looks like the "startup" settings where you can say the URL(s) to open on startup ... well, if you currently have an existing Chrome open (as many of us do) it treats it the same as a "open a new tab". If you have ZERO chrome windows open, then it works as expected (in my case, it just opens my Home page) but any other "startup" sessions launch the new Chrome window with the "recently opened tabs" page or whatever it's called.

#firstworldproblems

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

Hmm, is this in Chrome 19? It doesn't happen in Chrome 18. I'll test on my laptop later (after work :o).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Bring it up on the Chrome support page:
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome

YMMV of course

There have been a lot of annoying changes in the last 6-8 months, like you can't organize the pinned site thumbnails on the most visited page any more. The stupefying change to the recent tabs location (practically hidden from where it used to be) and the inclusion of the HUGE and pointless "Apps" panel

it's like the GMail changes, so much feedback was given and ignored. Eventually the person assigned to deal with the issue just started posting canned statements.

Also: What Maddox had to say about hashtag "jokes"

:-B
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 16, 2012, 01:19:48 PM
Also: What Maddox had to say about hashtag "jokes"

#late1990scalled...

#AndHeIsNotBetterThanMyKids

#AlsoThreadjackerMadHisThreadGotJacked

anyhoo...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.