Main Menu

Neverwinter

Started by Melbosa, June 21, 2013, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So did anyone check this out?  I am about to, but from what the guys at work were saying it is very much like D&D 4E in game form, with a bit of mechanic changes around Utility and Dailies.  And it comes with the Foundry - which is what you can use to make your own adventures.

And its a FTP game!  D&D P4E Players at work love it... so I am going to check it out.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

There's a guy at my work who'd really like to try it.  Me, however?  Although I use electronic tools, I would like to keep my table-top RPG separate from my electronic games.  Although the rules nowadays are basically video game based.

I was poking through some PDFs at http://www.dndclassics.com/index.php?filters=0_0_44699 (this is the Basic/Expert set of rules, not AD&D, that's in another part of that site), and I fondly remembered how simple the rules used to be.  And also, how completely unlike a video game they were.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I saw an extensive Beta video a while back, I have to say I'm just not built for MMOs.

Guild Wars II was such a disappointment (never even made lvl 20) it's kind of put me off investing.
By Grabthar's Hammer