Doctor Who Starts Up!

Started by Thorin, September 01, 2012, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on December 20, 2012, 04:02:36 PM
Alright, I'll watch out with what I say then.  And CATCH UP ALREADY. :D

I have watched all except the Manhattan ep -- and somehow managed to avoid spoilers until now.  :doh:

I was planning on watching it the day before the new Christmas ep, with my girls (they said it was awesome, and would be willing to re-watch with me).

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 20, 2012, 11:52:45 AM
Sorry, compare the new show to the original, first season, black-and-white look.

The interior may or may not get a mid-season update, I can't say because the episode hasn't aired yet.

And considering we had in-person discussions about the companions changing and how in the world they were going to remove the old companions and introduce the new ones, I really thought that'd be up for talking about, especially as it happened at the end of September.
It's a lot easier for me to daydream while people talk about something that I don't want to hear about in person, but not so much when I'm reading a post ;)

That said, I'm /waaay/ behind. Like I've seen a few eps total out of the what.. 33 seasons?

It's weird, the more "stable" I am, the less I feel like watching TV. dunno why. The past several days, while I was out of my anti-anxiety meds, I caught up on a half season (or more) of CSI, and CSI NY. All in a couple days. heh.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Spent all day doing family Christmas stuff, forgot to tape the new Doctor, downloaded it in 7.2 minutes, avoided more than that in commercials, decided to watch it late at night to judge whether the youngest will be too scared (after seeing scary stuff in the trailers), now ... kinda wishing I could talk about it.

Jenna Louise Coleman is pretty.  They say it lots.  They're not wrong.

If you're gonna watch it, watch those little minisodes first that I linked earlier, so the characters that you meet make more sense.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Not a bad episode... Seems like a good teaser to introduce the new companion...

Tom

So totally off the wall but...

Every time I see this thread in the list I keep thinking "Will the real Dr. Who please stand up..."   Don't know why.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Sadly, William Hartnell cannot be reached for comment
By Grabthar's Hammer