SimCity 2013 - Oh how you sucker punched me in Love!

Started by Melbosa, March 05, 2013, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Yeah, its pretty crazy that they haven't fixed a majority of the AI bugs yet. And it seems they add more as they go.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

What surprised me was how bad traffic pathing still is, I mean the roads this guy builds are ... not the best but given time all his streetcars bunched up in a conga line and things like Megatowers only seem to work when they feel like it, people complaining about sewage when he had zero sewage in the city. It's really weird, and in a way, sad.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, I saw a guy have issues with a megatower working great, then just stopped. Then had a sewage problem that was mostly fixed after he removed a road, it looked like there were too many paths to the sewage plant, and the pathing got confused. Admittedly his roads were really @%&# in that area (Sips!).

I assume you're talking Sips?

Mr. Analog

Yeah, Sips the roadmaster, not exactly the best urban planner, but it doesn't help when the AI routes people and vehicles in confusing/nonsensical ways

The most surprising bug that's still there is the conga line of buses / streetcars and the utter expense and failure of maglev stations, egads

One thing in previous SimCity games I really liked was adding subways, those really did the trick for dealing with high-density+high-traffic problem areas, and they didn't clutter up the scenery, I also liked that you could create your own plumbing that wasn't tied to the road, I suspect sewage AI routes the same way vehicles do which often doesn't make sense. I recall one gameplay video where there were two water sanitization plants at either end of a city and stuff was always routing to the smallest one first, in old SimCity you could set up pipe networks that would route stuff where it was supposed to go.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

And in old-old-old SimCity you didn't have manage @%&# (literally).  To be honest, I liked classic SimCity but didn't like newer versions because it was too much micro-management for not enough gain.  And I like micro-management.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I spent a lot of time playing SimCity 2000 and at first I didn't like having to manage plumbing and water pollution etc but after a while even that is fun because you have to think years ahead of how you want things to grow and make them work...

I wish there was a modern graphics version of SimCity 2000!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I found my SimCity 2000 CD recently. No joke. I'm tempted to try it.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So you're saying I shouldn't put it up on my 55" TV?

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 13, 2014, 12:55:01 PM
Get ready for PIXELS with a capital P

Quote from: Tom on January 13, 2014, 01:06:50 PM
So you're saying I shouldn't put it up on my 55" TV?

imo the Mr. Analog post above is the reason you SHOULD!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on January 13, 2014, 02:18:31 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 13, 2014, 01:56:36 PM
even I had to push the monitor back

:)
LOL!

I forgot the last time I played it was on a 17" CRT, then I popped it on out of curiosity a few months back on a 23" LCD... it was BIG

Meatloaf sized icons!
By Grabthar's Hammer