Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Most of the weird damage occurred sometime after I upgraded the server friday afternoon.

The whitelist should be working, noone we don't know is in the logs.

As for the roll back, I kept the old map, the reason for the port change on dynmap is I forgot to change it back to the regular port. So if we want to go back to the griefed map, we can.

Otherwise, we can refund people for lost stuff.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Snowie0wl on May 26, 2013, 06:54:38 PM
I really shouldn't have been doing much in case of the rollback contingency but I thought most of the problems had been fixed. I lost a ton of stuff with the rollback (~65 levers changed to redstone torches in the Double Dragon Railway, additions to my base, a bunch of material from caving (~14 diamonds, three records, gold, redstone, iron). Also, I swear I remember seeing my old farm/bed with the glass roof had been okay yesterday. Today, it had a hole in it and some missing crops (including that nice little bit made with carrots put there by someone else) and open doors. Did you fix that yesterday before I logged on Thorin? Someone else? Am I remembering properly that it was okay yesterday?

Some of this sounds more like a map update glitch than active damage... 65 levers changed to redstone torches?

Tom

It could be he switched them out from torches to levers. then the rollback switched them back.

Thorin

He was describing work he'd done.  He switched a bunch of levers over to redstone torches on the Double Dragon Rail (it's really cool).

I say refund him the diamonds and records, I know he was on for hours trying to get skeletons to shoot creepers yesterday.  And we can help rebuild whatever needs rebuilding.  I just want the map to be stable so I can start building things again and not have it be a waste of time.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I found my first Nether Quartz yesterday

It takes a LOT of Nether Quartz to make a block though, a stack of 64 will yield 16 blocks, rather disappointing

I have also designed an automatic lamp that doesn't look like ass, you can use an upside town sticky piston with a redstone block, put the light detector on top of the piston and put the redstone lamps one block lower than the piston block, when night comes the signal stops and the piston retracts, this way you can light up to 4 lamps at once.

I prettied my design up using fence posts, it's about as compact as you can make it.

Anyway, I did it in creative, I'll be able to make a working model near spawn in the next couple of days :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It may take a lot of quartz to make a block, but quartz is found in large clumps if you branch mine. There's a crap load of them too.

Thorin

Yeah, I tried that automatic street light design, too.  Still kinda big and clunky, especially when you want to hide the mechanism.  The other problem I discovered with street lights is that since they're off the ground, they don't cover as large an area of the ground, so you have to space them closer together to keep monsters from spawning.

Redstone blocks with sticky pistons allow really quick transmission of power downwards; one piston pushes redstone down to activate the next piston below it, etcetera.  Although it doesn't seem to work quite right, as when the top piston retracts all the others below it retract and then expand again.  Still, it breaks the downward transmission.

That's too bad about the nether quartz ore turning into only a quarter of the number in blocks.  Hopefully there's lots of nether quartz ore to gather.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I found lots, in one short trip to the nether I managed to get more than 64 nether quartz

So far it's the tightest automatic lamp design I've seen outside of FTB, if you could just craft an inverted sensor or lamp this wouldn't even be a problem, but you can't so you're stuck.

Other options for signal transmission include using tripwires, pistons and boats. I played around with this as well in creative but it's still clunky as hell
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Imagine if you combine the massive amounts of quartz up with a fortune III pick?

Mr. Analog

Oddly that's what I was using to get 70 or so, otherwise it's quartz per ore block, and then you have to smelt it.

To build something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_Capitol_west_front_edit2.jpg

Is gonna take a lot of mining
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

You were using fortune 3 and only got 70 nether quartz? did you only take out a single node? I've seen people on the u-tubes take a few minutes, or maybe a half hour branch mining for quartz and get stacks on stacks.

Also they tend to like using silktouch to get the ore, then bringing it back to use their fortune on separately (for one reason or another).

Mr. Analog

I only found a couple veins, like I said I was more curious if I could find it let alone mine it :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Don't starve talk was about a page long so it has been split and moved to http://forums.righteouswrath.com/index.php?topic=9614.0